Menu

So excited - going to Disney World during the free dining offer...

My sister just got an unexpected small windfall of money. She is disabled and lives with my mom. It is a group effort to care for all of her needs. It has been a rough year all the way around for us - emotionally, physically, and financially. So... she gets this money and she tells me she is taking my whole family to Disney World. She is also taking my mom. I literally CRIED! I mean I cried and then I cried some more. Granted it was PMS week, but still. I don't think until that very moment, I realized just how stressed out I am. She wanted to go this month, because dh could go. After crunching numbers and viewing our options - we decided to go at the end of September to take advantage of free dining. My dh may not be able to go then, but he will probably go back in December with us. More on that in a minute. My dd and ds both will have birthdays that week - so they will get to celebrate at Disney. They are both super excited about getting a gift card for their birthday because Disney will give you that if you already have a pass to Disney for your birthday.

My ds is in Iraq and will be back later this year. He wants us all to go back to Disney when he gets back. Since we are getting Florida Resident passes, the tickets will be all taken care of. I am just so stinking excited that I have something fun to think about instead of worrying if my house will sell in Florida or if my dh will find another job quickly or if, if, if! Thanks for letting me share!

What a wonderful thing for her to do!!! I'm excited for you! I had tears in my eyes as I read your post.

We went to free dining last year. It was awesome!! The only thing I'd recommend is to make your reservations for table service ASAP!

It's so hard for me not to go again this year, but we'll be there again in January when I run the Disney 1/2 marathon. But, I'd love to go twice!!

that is awesome!!!!

we went in '06 and did the free dining - it was fabulous!!! be prepared to eat a lot of good food!!!

oh, and we also went in September, the weather was fantastic! still warm enough to go to the water parks but not so hot that you were miserable.

Is your son in the US military? Active Duty and Retired gets a free 5-day pass this year. He could also purchase up to 5 family tickets at a major discount. It's called Disney's Armed Forces Salute Ticket.

Anyhow, I thought I'd see if your great deal could get SWEETER!!

Have a GREAT time!

Congrats that is awesome I just got back from WDW on Monday! We had a blast. I would love to book it for you- I own my own travel agency and have been in business 25 years (We don't charge any fees for booking). Email me nhdraper@mac.com if I can answer any questions for your group! I just booked a fellow WTM'er to Alaska off this board 2 weeks ago! You can check out our site as well off of my blog-

Regardless have a great time- it is so magical!

Is your son in the US military? Active Duty and Retired gets a free 5-day pass this year. He could also purchase up to 5 family tickets at a major discount. It's called Disney's Armed Forces Salute Ticket.

Anyhow, I thought I'd see if your great deal could get SWEETER!!

Have a GREAT time!

He is in the military. We would have done that option, but he won't be back in time for our September trip. We did the free dining package with a one day ticket/hotel package. Then when we activate the one day ticket - we can upgrade to a FL resident Season pass for less than what the normal package tickets cost. When my dh goes in December - my ds will get him one of the $99 passes. We may stay at the Shades of Green in December. My ds hasn't decided where he wants to stay yet. He has been im'ing the last two mornings with nothing but Disney talk! I think it is giving him something to count down the Iraq days. We are all so excited!

Congrats that is awesome I just got back from WDW on Monday! We had a blast. I would love to book it for you- I own my own travel agency and have been in business 25 years (We don't charge any fees for booking). Email me nhdraper@mac.com if I can answer any questions for your group! I just booked a fellow WTM'er to Alaska off this board 2 weeks ago! You can check out our site as well off of my blog-

Regardless have a great time- it is so magical!

I am sorry, but I already booked the trip directly with Disney. I didn't even know you could book with anyone else besides them. I have always just called them directly. Wish I had known.