Menu

Please tell me how you use History Scribe and

dorothy

Happy Scribe. Do you integrate it with a history program? If so, what and how? Does anyone just use it with living books? What ages/grade are these best for? What do you NOT like about them? Did anyone buy them and then not use them? If so, why?

They look good to me but I buy too much curriculum and then watch it sit. Don't want to do that again.

Thanks.

Happy Scribe. Do you integrate it with a history program? If so, what and how? Does anyone just use it with living books? What ages/grade are these best for? What do you NOT like about them? Did anyone buy them and then not use them? If so, why?

They look good to me but I buy too much curriculum and then watch it sit. Don't want to do that again.

Thanks.

We are using happy scribe astronomy and proverbs along with the Apologia Astronomy. No rhyme or reason, I just placed it in my daughter’s notebook. 4 a week.

I dont have any dislikes... but I do wish I could just buy the print I want instead of all the different fonts. Its sort of just sits their.... but I only have 1 child using it... if you have more than one child you would use print and cursive..... we just use cursive.

Other than that, and thats not a big deal.... its great practice!

Lisa

Actually, I have History Scribe but only use their blank pages (with lines and a space at the top)! Dd narrates, I write it on the white board, then she copies it onto History Scribe blank paper, then we find an internet picture for the space, or we put in a photo of her (doing a project, or holding a finished project, etc.).

There are some examples if you scroll down my blog (it's an older post).

I thought I'd use the pages, but found it so much easier just to do it our way. I found the maps difficult to use (we use SOTW AG instead). Not worth the $, imo.

Copywork. We use blank History Scribe pages for my ds7's copywork 2-3x/week, and the SOTW2 activity guide pages for the rest of his work. On occasion I print a page on a related topic for him to draw his own picture, etc., but most of the pages I like will fit later in our history studies.

On the other hand, my older son uses History Scholar and other Scholar pages as a different way to pull together the info he's gathering on a topic for a History Odyssey lesson. (I got a comprehensive package CD from the Scribe/Scholar publisher a year or so ago.)

I went through and correlated HS pages with SOTW 1 using the Ancient China, Ancient Greece and Rome and Ancient Egypt packs. I use a blank page whenever there was not a HS page that worked. Chris in Va is right that you could simply use a blank page from one of their packs if you wanted. I just like the (seeming) formality of a blurb written at the top. Sometimes they do have incorrect spellings and some different information that what is presented in SOTW though.

Here is the link to my blog if you are interested.

http://smoothstonesacademy.blogspot.com/2007/07/history-ancients.html

Blessings,

Jennefer

Thanks.

Doh! I didnt read the top part about History scribe... so sorry...

Yes, we will be using HS with TOG. Right now Im organizing a bit like Jennifer... I will place the HS into the correct weeks in TOG.

So sorry... I need to slow down more....

Lisa

We've used History Scribe for notebooking in history, although they have much more. It is designed to be a time saver but you COULD use recreate a blank form or I think DonnaYoung.org or somewhere has a free blank one that you could write the topic/person/event that you want your child to draw or write about and just stick it in their notebook.

I bought the History Combo for elementary and middle school ages, it makes the history notebook look nice and I don't have to create something else! I 'needed' something to make sure we did a written narration b/c we weren't doing it on our own- with a page sitting there saying "Genghis Khan and the Mongolian Empire" you feel obligated to FILL IT IN, lol!

The ways to use them are limited only by your imagination. I really like the biography pages.

I've coordinated History Scribe with SOTW 1 like Jennefer and Jessica and they're in my weekly file folders that I prepared in the summer. Some weeks we use them, some we don't, some weeks it's like pulling teeth to ask my son to draw something so we have some with narrations but no pictures. It helps us to get narrations done like Jessica said.