Menu

Would you PLEASE pray for this man today?

He is a coworker of my DH who seemed to be in good health. He suddenly felt sick and had an unexplained heart attack at work. After some scans, tumors were found to be the cause of the heart attack. After leaving the hospital, he said he felt fine.

DX-

He has inoperable cancer, stage 3. During his treatment he has visited work and seemed OK, but now he has stopped responding to treatment.

This man has spent his life caring for his mother, and now she is caring for him. I asked DH to visit him, but when he called this morning, he was told the man is back in the hospital and barely responsive.

It's true that I'm not the one who works with him, but it is very grievous to me. How can someone feel perfectly fine and be unaware that so much is going on in his body? I just don't want to hear any bad news. He is too young for that, and his mother has noone else.

Tell your husband to visit him if he feels the need. Some people have a hard time reaching out when they are sick or dealing with a loved one in pain. But I do believe it matters to them that someone out there cares. Praying for him and his mother.

Thank you to those who remembered dh's coworker today. It means a lot to me that people care enough to pray for a stranger. They have stopped treatment, as it is having no effect.

Dh will visit him tomorrow. He can still communicate a little with one person at a time.

It's over.

Thank you all again. :grouphug: DH did get to visit last week.

ETA- Oh.. I forgot to add, he did have a sibling whom Dh met when he visited, so the mother is not alone. I'm so glad about that!

Edited by Blessedfamily