Menu

Dance Dance Revolution has MTV style videos ?!

My family just gave me a Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 game for the Wii. (Interesting Mother's Day gift, doncha think?)

Turned in on, and the first song I chose (Bust a Move) had the song's MTV video playing behind the game graphics. :mad:Scantily clad women, overt sexuality -- I would never have chosen this had I known.:glare:

Nothing on the box suggests that live video will play. I assumed it would be the usual goofy and entertaining avatar dancer guys. (love them!)

My question: If you own this, can you tell me just how many of the songs include video of this type? I'd rather not take the time to check if one of you can tell me.

If it's more than just a few (2 or 3), it's going back to the store.

Thanks!

Songs

The songs in yellow are licensed covers, the songs in white are Konami Originals, the songs in red are "boss songs", and the songs in green are featured in existing games. The songs with padlocks next to them are locked until certain conditions are met in the game, and songs with a clapperboard next to them have music videos featured.

I don't have the game, but I googled it and saw that on the wikipedia entry...is there somewhere on the case or in the instruction book that shows that?

If you like the game and are just trying to avoid the videos, I think it can be done. There is an options menu somewhere at the beginning of the game where you should be able to do this. Check the owner's manual, or look online.

I had a few of the DDR games for PS2, and loved it. (I even bought myself a foam core dance pad!) But I am not impressed with the game for Wii. Sure, the graphics are more flashy, but for someone who uses it as an aerobic program, the steps just aren't enough to get your heart rate up! They focus too much on the "gimmicks" like hand moves and surprise steps. And when you shut those off, you're left with a pretty goofy routine.

I think it's a sweet Mom's Day present, especially if they know you like the fitness aspect of the Wii. But for the $$, I think the whole family (you included) would get more out of Outdoor Adventure.

Just my 2 (well, three, actually) cents!

-Robin

If you like the game and are just trying to avoid the videos, I think it can be done. There is an options menu somewhere at the beginning of the game where you should be able to do this. Check the owner's manual, or look online.

I had a few of the DDR games for PS2, and loved it. (I even bought myself a foam core dance pad!) But I am not impressed with the game for Wii. Sure, the graphics are more flashy, but for someone who uses it as an aerobic program, the steps just aren't enough to get your heart rate up! They focus too much on the "gimmicks" like hand moves and surprise steps. And when you shut those off, you're left with a pretty goofy routine.

I think it's a sweet Mom's Day present, especially if they know you like the fitness aspect of the Wii. But for the $$, I think the whole family (you included) would get more out of Outdoor Adventure.

Just my 2 (well, three, actually) cents!

-Robin

It was a sweet gift -- they know I get a kick out of DDR and they had gotten me a Wii Fit for my birthday. It's helpful to hear that you aren't enjoying Dance Dance Rev. much for exercise. That was what I had in mind.

I'll have to look into the Outdoor Adventure game. I've not heard of that one.

My concern with the DDR is that I'm going to have to monitor it if it has those videos. I don't want to have to make sure the kids aren't sneaking a peak. And I'd say that's a big temptation for the age of boys who come to our house nowadays (up to age 12).

I don't have the game, but I googled it and saw that on the wikipedia entry...is there somewhere on the case or in the instruction book that shows that?

Very helpful! Thank you. I looked for that sort of thing, but couldn't find it. The directions seem to have been translated from another language and are not too straightforward.

I'll have to look and see just how many videos are on there. I definitely prefer the goofy avatar guys.

I have a feeling this is going back to the store.

We've had it for several months and have unlocked quite a few additional songs. I have only seen videos on, at most, 2 or 3 songs with it...to give you a safe estimate. Bust a Move is the only one I can think of at this time, though.

We enjoy the game and get a great workout on it. I'd just write down the songs when you come to them so you don't forget which songs you want to avoid. You'll also want to avoid the random feature because it might choose those songs.