Menu

what kind of bird is this screaming?

There are two birds screaming outside my window. Seriously, it sounds like they are screaming at each other over and over. It's driving me crazy. Very unpleasant. I'm curious as to what kind of bird does this at night. Don't they know people are trying to read?

Blue Jays like to scream, but I dont know what neck of the woods you are in.

Its baby time, so a lot of birds are screaming, especially if something is bothering nest.

We had the best lil blue jays protecting their nest, and they would make the worst noise, but would literally keep away the snakes.

There are two birds screaming outside my window. Seriously, it sounds like they are screaming at each other over and over. It's driving me crazy. Very unpleasant. I'm curious as to what kind of bird does this at night. Don't they know people are trying to read?

Listen here.

Duh. I don't know why I didn't know that was frogs. Of course it was frogs. We have these huge plates sized frogs that make a very distinctive sound, and this wasn't that - it was high pitched and apparently made by a different kind of smaller frog.

Duh. I don't know why I didn't know that was frogs. Of course it was frogs. We have these huge plates sized frogs that make a very distinctive sound, and this wasn't that - it was high pitched and apparently made by a different kind of smaller frog.

I'd be curious to know what sort of frog. Some of them (tree frogs, for instance) sure can be loud! Maybe you need to plant another frog of the opposite gender somewhere away from your house! :001_smile:

Seriously, it sounds like they are screaming at each other over and over. It's driving me crazy. Very unpleasant.

I think it might be my in-laws, does the female have glasses and salmon lipstick? ...Just kidding:lol:

I'd be curious to know what sort of frog. Some of them (tree frogs, for instance) sure can be loud! Maybe you need to plant another frog of the opposite gender somewhere away from your house! :001_smile:

That's the last thing I need!

I have no idea what kind of frogs they are - the ones at the pond that I have seen are absolutely huge, but this is is something different. They are at it again.

it's the doggone FROGS!!! AUGH! They do. not. stop. ALL night back and forth back and forth...and they are SOOOO loud! Drives me crazy.

Oh, I just love the frogs! Maybe the ones around here sound more pleasant, but it's one of my very favorite sounds!

we have a bird that screams and it sounds like a little kid screaming....for the longest time I thought it was the little girl across the street. I have 5 kids of my own who are perfectly capable of screaming; I really hate hearing it from the birds, too. Sometimes I've opened my mouth to tell the kids to knock it off before I realize it's the stupid birds!