Menu

A brag on my students, on SWB and SOTW I in a multi age classroom.......

We've been doing SOTW I and limited activity guide/student pages. Honestly, with as much as we have to do, we've not done activities. They color the coloring pages as I read SOTW and we do map work.

The students involved include 2 8th graders, 1 6th grader and 2 4th graders. 2 of the students are distractable (one is on meds) and one um, has issues making life/focus/behavior hard.

Today, I began going through the Review questions for each Chapter, starting at the beginning.

I was SO impressed with how much they knew and remembered from our simple and streamlined ancient history. I realize that a cursory summary of ancient history is easily achieved by the older students. However, each of my students already know more about ancient history than *I* ever did.

We'll be doing Sonlight Core 100 and the corresponding core for the youngers. But the kids have exuberently asked for the next book in the SOTW series as well.

Thank you, SWB and PHP for this resource. The content and form works for my Home and Private School!

We've been doing SOTW I and limited activity guide/student pages. Honestly, with as much as we have to do, we've not done activities. They color the coloring pages as I read SOTW and we do map work.

The students involved include 2 8th graders, 1 6th grader and 2 4th graders. 2 of the students are distractable (one is on meds) and one um, has issues making life/focus/behavior hard.

Today, I began going through the Review questions for each Chapter, starting at the beginning.

I was SO impressed with how much they knew and remembered from our simple and streamlined ancient history. I realize that a cursory summary of ancient history is easily achieved by the older students. However, each of my students already know more about ancient history than *I* ever did.

We'll be doing Sonlight Core 100 and the corresponding core for the youngers. But the kids have exuberently asked for the next book in the SOTW series as well.

Thank you, SWB and PHP for this resource. The content and form works for my Home and Private School!

That gives me hope as I don't do the activities either, just questions and map work.

I am surprised that you are doing SL 100 as I thought you posted you have tried it two or three time already and found it made you anxious.

I am surprised that you are doing SL 100 as I thought you posted you have tried it two or three time already and found it made you anxious.

True that and what a memory! Given my options I feel it's the best value for my school, my time, quality of education and the fact that I have HIGH SCHOOLERS.