Menu

Cannot Do Fast Forword -Memory Issue

Guest Ginnylwells

Guest Ginnylwells

Hi everyone! I re-joined this group after a couple of years off. My ds, age 15, has moderate central auditory processing disorder. I understood from Maxine Young (who has a yahoo group for CAPD moms) that Fast Forword was the therapy that he needed. We are currently home educating through a virtual public school. To make a long story short, the virtual school will not pay for these services, even though my son is on an I.E.P. Our health insurance will only pay for a minimal amount of this costly therapy.

My ds reads on a sixth - seventh grade level. He really does not like to read that much. However, his short-term memory needs improvement. What recommendations would you make for us? Many thanks!! Ginny

We paid for FF out of pocket. It wasn't one of the most expensive therapies we've done. You might check with providers around you and see if they have payment plans and what sort of arrangements you can make.

We didn't do anything cheaper that did the same thing, but maybe someone else has.

Hi everyone! I re-joined this group after a couple of years off. My ds, age 15, has moderate central auditory processing disorder. I understood from Maxine Young (who has a yahoo group for CAPD moms) that Fast Forword was the therapy that he needed. We are currently home educating through a virtual public school. To make a long story short, the virtual school will not pay for these services, even though my son is on an I.E.P. Our health insurance will only pay for a minimal amount of this costly therapy.

My ds reads on a sixth - seventh grade level. He really does not like to read that much. However, his short-term memory needs improvement. What recommendations would you make for us? Many thanks!! Ginny

What does Fast Forward cost? Linguisystems sells "The Central Auditory Processing Kit" for less than $100. http://www.linguisystems.com/searchResults.php?action=search&type=keyword&q=central+auditory+processing+kit

Disadvantage - the exercises must be done from books rather than software. :tongue_smilie: We've been doing auditory memory exercises and seeing some improvements.:)

Also check out Lexia reading software - costs between $150 - $200. So you could put them both together and work on auditory and reading issues in tandem for less than $300.