Menu

DIVE with BJU Chemistry - questions

1. For those who have used the DIVE cd's for BJU chemistry, did you feel it was more work for the student on top of an already challenging program or did you feel that the DIVE cd's helped to manage the course and give direction that made it seem less overwhelming?

2. Can the DIVE cd's be used for either 2nd or 3rd edition of BJU Chemistry?

Edited by LadyNancy

I spoke with Lamp Post homeschool just last week about the DIVE cds for science. They said the format had recently changed. It is more generic now. I am not sure what that means exactly or how it impacts the course. I dont have much info, but I thought I might throw that out there in case you needed it.

We used the biology CD with BJU Biology and we found this to be true -

the DIVE cd's helped to manage the course and give direction that made it seem less overwhelming

I also had my daughter do the labs at a Christian School that uses BJU so it worked out pretty well.

Hth!

I spoke with Lamp Post homeschool just last week about the DIVE cds for science. They said the format had recently changed. It is more generic now. I am not sure what that means exactly or how it impacts the course.
Hmmm. Anyone else have any information on how these new generic cd's might be different from the older ones? Do you feel that the older ones would be better to use with BJU chemistry or are these newer ones just as good?

2. Can the DIVE cd's be used for either 2nd or 3rd edition of BJU Chemistry?

The online syllabus has a schedule for BJUP 2nd Edition Chemistry. I purchased 3rd Edition and I'm thinking (hoping) BJUP didn't change the text that much and that I will be able to figure it out.

I am also hoping the Dive cd will help make BJUP Chemistry less overwhelming, I read a review by Cathy Duffy recently which states:

Although it has been organized to work in homeschool situations as well as in traditional schools, BJUP's Chemistry still would be difficult for a parent to teach if they don't already have a basic familiarity with the subject.
So yeah, hoping, praying Dive CD comes through for us. My son really liked BJUP Biology and wanted to stick with their science.