Menu

Easy reader kids' books in French & Spanish?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something similar to the Bob readers, but obviously in French/Spanish.

DD is halfway through Pimsler's French I tapes, and I'd like to have something that she can read. Currently she reads (English, of course) on a second-grade level.

I have found a lot of French books for kids on ebay. (someone on the board gave me the suggestion) There are some sellers in Canada who drive to the US to mail packages so the shipping is reasonable. Amazon also has some French picture books....ds4 likes Leo le Chat.

If in the market to buy, Scholastic book club - Club Leo - has a lot of cheap Spanish easy readers (like the Hola Lector series). You can download some free samples from the Learning A-Z site the pp linked. There are some exceptionally easy readers (free) on hubbardscupboard.com too.

If in the market to buy, Scholastic book club - Club Leo - has a lot of cheap Spanish easy readers (like the Hola Lector series). You can download some free samples from the Learning A-Z site the pp linked. There are some exceptionally easy readers (free) on hubbardscupboard.com too.

Forgot about these free resources:

http://www.childrensbooksonline.org/library-translations.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/es

Also, google for Aesop translations (Esopo); those are usually short, if not a little challenging at the same time.

• 4 months later...
Here is the link.

http://www.readinga-z.com/

I like these because there are lots of levels and I can print them.

Tumblebooks e-books also has some French books. The public library has a subscription, so I access this through them.

It appears to be set up for ps classrooms. Can a hsing mom get an account? The leveled French readers look wonderful and I'd be happy to pay for the resource.

It appears to be set up for ps classrooms. Can a hsing mom get an account? The leveled French readers look wonderful and I'd be happy to pay for the resource.

Anyone can get a subscription, and I know of some who've paid the price for it. Last semester Homeschool Buyer's Co-op had a group buy for the various A-Z sites, but I don't see it available now. I hope they present it again, because I really like it as well. Also, about twice a year, they have free weeks to try out the products.