Menu

Do you have a postal scale and ship from home?

When you sell curriculum or those who sell over ebay, do you all have a home postal scale? One that would weigh packages or letters? Just curious what you use. Because if I had one, I could print a shipping label off paypal if I knew the weight.

I have one, and printed my own shipping/postage back when I sold my curriculum. I didn't go through PayPal; we used endicia (http://www.endicia.com). It was more efficient and less expensive for me.

Ria

Ria,

I'm curious. I checked out endicia and the cheapest plan they have is $9.95/month. When I print postage from paypal it only charges me for the actual postage and 18¢ for delivery confirmation (unless there is some hidden fee I'm unaware of.) How is endicia less expensive for you? I'm not sure I understand how it works.

Thanks,

I bought a scale when I started selling on ebay almost 8 years ago. Best purchase I ever made. I got a digital scale that goes up to 30lbs (I use to sell toys that were pretty heavy) for around $20 (on ebay) and it has served me well, especially now that you can just print labels from paypal, no more trips to the post office.

It's well worth it for me to have a scale. No more going to the post office unless someone doesn't pay by Pay Pal. I wish you could print media mail labels through the USPS site.

We print our media mail labels with Shipping Assistant which I thought was from the USPS site. We don't pay for them online though. I'm not sure our scale is that accurate. We are usually on target but I want to be sure.

Ria,

I'm curious. I checked out endicia and the cheapest plan they have is $9.95/month. When I print postage from paypal it only charges me for the actual postage and 18¢ for delivery confirmation (unless there is some hidden fee I'm unaware of.) How is endicia less expensive for you? I'm not sure I understand how it works.

Thanks,

I haven't encountered any hidden fees through Pay Pal.

I do. I got mine for $20 off e-bay about 6 years ago and it has served me so well. The post master always tells me I must have a good scale because my packages are always spot on. :)

What kind is it?

When you sell curriculum or those who sell over ebay, do you all have a home postal scale? One that would weigh packages or letters? Just curious what you use. Because if I had one, I could print a shipping label off paypal if I knew the weight.

Yes, I bought one of off ebay that goes up to 30 pounds for under $10 several years ago when I sold ebay items pretty much full time. I use it now all the time.

I have one. I use it for cooking and postage. It's named "Escali" -- its name and packaging rather amusingly suggest it's Italian, but it's really...not. If you get this one, comparison shop. I found them all over the web, but I ended up buying it from some coffee place.