Menu

Best gluten-free baking mix?

I'm experimenting with GF, but I don't want to invest in a bunch of flours that I don't end up using. Thought I would try a baking mix first.

Or maybe you can recommend your fave GF flours or mix of flours.

Thanks! (any other GF advice would be appreciated!)

I've just started using something called Better Batter. Amazon sells it. Supposedly, you can use this as a cup-for-cup replacement of all purpose flour in any recipe you have. I made cookies using the Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe and they were the best cookies I've made in the 7 years we've been gluten free. My family kept saying "These taste like real cookies!" It doesn't work that great for everything, though. I'm still going to have to do a lot of trial and error with recipes as I always have. They have a lot of recipes on their website, though. I'm probably going to start with those.

If you are looking for specific mixes, we love Kinnikinnick's pancake mix, The Cravings Place coffee cake mix and their Ooey Gooey Chocolate Brownie mix, and Namaste's spice cake mix. It seems that many of the gf companies have one or two really good mixes and then the rest aren't so great.

Lisa

Edited by LisaTheresa

Guest LeslieAnn

We use Pamela's Baking Mixes. We are on a STRICT gluten-free diet. Arrowhead Mill, Bob's Red Mill are good too.

I hope this helps.