Menu

Registering a second child with the College Board

When you want to sign up for their first test. They have to have an account in order to sign up for any of the tests.

Which tests are these? PSAT/SATs, CLEPS, ACTs? The plan is for dd to do the PSAT in 2010 & 2011, so if that's the case, I need to know this sooner than I thought.

Which tests are these? PSAT/SATs, CLEPS, ACTs? The plan is for dd to do the PSAT in 2010 & 2011, so if that's the case, I need to know this sooner than I thought.

Only College Board-owned tests -- PSAT, SAT I and II and AP. CLEP would be administered by a college and ACT? Don't know as I've never registered dc for one!

HTH,

Lisa

You do not need to register your child to take the PSAT. That is done directly by the school. ...

Yes, but you do have to find a school that is willing to let your child take the test. (Unlike the SAT where you can do everything electronically.)

Regards,

Kareni

Yes, but you do have to find a school that is willing to let your child take the test.
Our youngest son took the PSAT at a private school. Much better experience than his older brother's at the local ps high school -- both up front and on test day. They both took the ACT at our local community college.

Yes, but you do have to find a school that is willing to let your child take the test. (Unlike the SAT where you can do everything electronically.)

Regards,

Kareni

Really? They can give you a hard time? I'll have to find out what people here do.

Thanks so much for telling me all this!

Really? They can give you a hard time? I'll have to find out what people here do.

Thanks so much for telling me all this!

Yes they can. They order the PSAT tests and control who takes them. The SAT, on the other hand, is ordered by the student (when he registers with the College Board), and the test is there waiting for him at the designated test site on test day -- nothing the schools can do about that.

Our older son took the PSAT at our local ps high school. When we tried to register him for the test in advance, they hemmed and hawed, and said they'd have to "wait and see" if they had enough tests for "their own students" before they would promise our son a spot. Fortunately, my son was "their own student" because he was registered with the high school to play football and to take dual enrollment classes at the cc. When I informed them of that, they got all nice and said, oh, in that case, of course we'll have a test for him. His younger brother took the PSAT at a local private high school, no muss, no fuss.

Edited by Janet in WA

Yes they can. They order the PSAT tests and control who takes them. The SAT, on the other hand, is ordered by the student (when he registers with the College Board), and the test is there waiting for him at the designated test site on test day -- nothing the schools can do about that.

Thanks! Apparently this school district is easy to work with, but they've been giving me the run around about Latin I & one person gave me false information about homeschoolers doing sports (it's allowed here). I may just have to bite the bullet & join HSLDA for a year or two even though I don't agree with all of their politics & agendas. I did that the first couple of years for other reasons, but really haven't needed to since. I want dd to take the PSAT in her sophomore year as well as in her junior year.