Menu

Wanna play my Dr. since I'm currently w/o insurance?

I am late, by over a week. I have taken 2 tests, both were negative. The first test was in the evening when I was 4 days late. The 2nd test was in the morning when I was 7 days late.

I am nauseous and don't want to eat. I have a dis***rge (sorry, but I just *hate* that word! So much so, that I couldn't even type it out, LOL) that is exactly like ovulation. Thin, clear, stretchy. My booKs are slightly sore, but really, not too much.

My baby will be 1yo in 8 days. I am 35. This has never happened before. I have not implemented a dietary change, nor have I been overexerting myself. I am not stressed - at least I don't think I am. Ok, I am, but I have been waaaaaay more stressed in the past and have never missed a cycle.

What could be going on?

Edited by Janna

Are you on any birth control medication? That can sometimes cause unusual cycles. There's the possibility that the pg test is correct but you were pregnant and had a very early miscarriage. My vote, though, is for the stress. IIRC, your dh is not working. This could cause stressful undertones in your life that you are really not consciously aware of.

Get some rest, take a long bath, and pray about it. You can always ask to have a blood test done at a place such as Planned Parenthood or a crisis center if you are truly concerned that you may be pregnant.

I was around your age (gosh that makes me sound soooo old!!) when my cycles started to go a little wonky every now and then. Nothing extreme, but just a little late or early once or twice a year. I'll say a prayer that you get a peaceful conclusion, whatever it may be!

I was around your age (gosh that makes me sound soooo old!!) when my cycles started to go a little wonky every now and then. Nothing extreme, but just a little late or early once or twice a year.

I was thinking the same thing.

Are you on any birth control medication? That can sometimes cause unusual cycles. There's the possibility that the pg test is correct but you were pregnant and had a very early miscarriage. My vote, though, is for the stress. IIRC, your dh is not working. This could cause stressful undertones in your life that you are really not consciously aware of.

Get some rest, take a long bath, and pray about it. You can always ask to have a blood test done at a place such as Planned Parenthood or a crisis center if you are truly concerned that you may be pregnant.

I was around your age (gosh that makes me sound soooo old!!) when my cycles started to go a little wonky every now and then. Nothing extreme, but just a little late or early once or twice a year. I'll say a prayer that you get a peaceful conclusion, whatever it may be!

Thanks for your kind words!

No, I am not on any birth control. Never have been.

Thanks for remembering that dh has been unemployed and the prayers! Honestly, we haven't been stressed about it. It's been a JOY having him home, the Lord has been providing in amazing ways for us so that we have not been late on one bill in the 6 months he's been unemployed...but as you say, sometimes it can be a stress that we aren't really conscious of.

However, dh *does* have a job interview tomorrow morning, so if you feel so inclined to pray over that, I would be most thankful and honored!

Thanks, again!

However, dh *does* have a job interview tomorrow morning, so if you feel so inclined to pray over that, I would be most thankful and honored!

You got it!! Please let us know how it goes tomorrow. I hope it is a perfect job for him, though I know it will be hard to give him up during the day again. I went through the same thing when my dh was home for nine months, but the time he got to spend with the baby (3 months until a year old) and the toddler was priceless.

Are you still feeding? That could be throwing this out.

Or you may just be having a second ovulation in the cycle, a glitch in the system. I had a 52 day cycle just after my youngest turned 1 and it turns out i ovulated twice in the 1 cycle, never missed a beat before or after that. I too thought i could be preg but numerous tests were neg.

:iagree:That it could be any of the above reasons. However,

Sounds preggo to me, though!!!! How about your temperature? Are you feeling warm?

BTW I did 3 tests at home plus at the doctor's (incl. vaginal US)., Nothing showed till at 8 weeks with a regular ultrasound.

I also, agree that this might possibly be the "issue". I too had 3 false negatives with my first son. It wasn't until I went to the dr. for a regular checkup that I found out I was about 13 weeks preg.

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. But if something doesn't give in another week or so I'd take another test.