Menu

I can quit any time I want and I will tell you more about it as soon as I fill my cup with more.

Long live caffeine!

The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., "Over the Teacups," 1891

A morning without coffee is like sleep. ~Author Unknown

This coffee falls into your stomach, and straightway there is a general commotion. Ideas begin to move like the battalions of the Grand Army of the battlefield, and the battle takes place. Things remembered arrive at full gallop, ensuing to the wind. The light cavalry of comparisons deliver a magnificent deploying charge, the artillery of logic hurry up with their train and ammunition, the shafts of with start up like sharpshooters. Similes arise, the paper is covered with ink; for the struggle commences and is concluded with torrents of black water, just as a battle with powder.

~Honore de Balzac, "The Pleasures and Pains of Coffee"

and my personal favorite...

It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious heroin addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles. ~Dave Barry

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. :D I get ya, I totally LOVE coffee and coffee-flavored anything!

I've been an addict since I was sixteen, iow, right about the time I went back to school after having dd. I love the smell, the taste, the warmth, everything about coffee.

Oh, and I'm one of those people that drinks it to relax... so I have a cuppa before bed to help me sleep.

I do worry that one day I'll go to the doc's and they'll tell me I need to cut back (or, horrors, quit)... I think I could quit smoking before I could quit coffee, lol.

This is on the Sonlight Readers list for Core 4 I think....anyway it is set in the Civil War era and young Jethro's ma has a tremendous addiction to coffee, so much so that she suffers horrible migraines that send her to bed. Her husband has great compassion on her and they sacrifice by purchasing the needed coffee for her. We read this book last month and I felt glad that my addiction is not at that level, yet anyway. LOL!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Guest Katia
Nope. Hate coffee. Think it is the second most vile food substance known to man. (Second only to grapefruit.) I do enjoy a hot cup of herbal or green tea on cold mornings though.

Yes! A gal after my own heart. :iagree: I hate coffee. It tastes vile and smells like SKUNK.........and the breath of those that drink it.....yewwww!

Wild. Green tea has more caffeine in it than coffee does. It must be the other components of coffee which messes with your system.

(food for thought for me)

asta

Okay - I had to do some research here! This is the list I found:

Coffee: 100 mg

Black Tea: 40 to 50 mg

Oolong Tea: 25 to 35 mg

Green Tea: 20 to 30 mg

Decaffeinated Black Tea: 4 mg

Decaffeinated Green Tea: 4 mg

So, it looks like I can have 4 - 5 cups of green tea and it will only equal one cup of coffee.

but also can now have no caffeine at all due to heart arrhythmia issues. Since eliminating it, I have no more problems and I have to say MUCH more energy that I had before with the caffeine. I guess I'm lucky I never got into the whole coffee thing or it may have been much harder to give it up.

I was trying to do the caffeine free soda thing, but now I've read so much about soda that I have given that up as well for the most part. I'm hoping not to follow in my mother's footsteps with osteoporosis since they have found some links with soda. If not, I'm better off without all the sugar, phosphorus and corn syrup anyway. Another step in the right direction.

All day, every day. And I felt guilty about that until I realized that I drink exactly 2 sips from each cup before I get pulled away and the coffee gets cold and I pour another cup, take 2 sips, get pulled away... I think I may actually consume less coffee than most people, but I spend all day chasing it.:lol:

This is me. I reheat my coffee mug all day long. I wouldn't say I HAVE to have it, I just like to have it. I'm not cranky if I don't drink coffee though.

That said, I LOVE Dunkin Donuts iced coffee and I drink more of those than I care to admit to.

Coffee, Every morning.... 1-2 mugs:-) With Vanilla Creamer...or Chocolate Raspberry...or Peppermint Mochas at Starbuck's during Christmas. Yum.... In fact, my mom is just picking up my next big package at Costco's. Sumatra....it's a GREAT price:-) SO, even though she hates...hates...hates...coffee....she's gonna learn how to grind coffee today!

Carrie:-)

Sorry, but I'm one of those non-caffeine people. I have a medical issue (got it from my Mom and her Mom...) that is exacerbated by caffeine and chocolate. I'm even sensitive to decaf. Hot chocolate is my weakness, especially during the winter, and I do indulge in it...then pay the price at a certain time of the month.

Sheri :)

Mom to 3 super daughters and wife, of 15 years (TODAY), to the greatest hubby in the world!!