Menu

Play-doh & sick kids

Dd4 has "the flu." (How they know it's actually that, I don't really know. Seemed like he used the term rather generically.)

Anyway, she's sick. Quiet activities that I've authorized incl. reading (although she really can't do this independently, so it can be a bummer), painting, &... I can't come up w/ anything else.

She asked about play-doh. I'm hesitant. It's nice & quiet, but...wouldn't it get coodies? I mean, even if she washes her hands first?

Thanks!

Dd4 has "the flu." (How they know it's actually that, I don't really know. Seemed like he used the term rather generically.)

Anyway, she's sick. Quiet activities that I've authorized incl. reading (although she really can't do this independently, so it can be a bummer), painting, &... I can't come up w/ anything else.

She asked about play-doh. I'm hesitant. It's nice & quiet, but...wouldn't it get coodies? I mean, even if she washes her hands first?

Thanks!

Yes, of course. So you buy some new after she's done. Or MAKE some new, with or without glitter.

Yes, of course. So you buy some new after she's done. Or MAKE some new, with or without glitter.

Oh, we made the gingerbread play-doh for Christmas. No, we STARTED making it before Christmas. I think we finally finished it last mo.

I thought we'd double the recipe & give it to friends, but we ran totally out of...what's the stuff? Anyway, we ran out.

That was also right around the peak of my AM sickness. It hasn't been bad at all this time, but there was a period where standing in the kitchen made me dizzy at least.

I associate making play-doh w/ AM sickness now! LOL I can't drink chamomile tea for the same reason (#1 did that).

But, we do have way too much gingerbread play-doh...I just hate to use it & toss it, having used it only once so far. And we just culled the hard, dry stuff right before Thanksgiving.

Still, good advice. I like *any* excuse to throw away play-doh!!! ;)

Oh, we made the gingerbread play-doh for Christmas. No, we STARTED making it before Christmas. I think we finally finished it last mo.

I thought we'd double the recipe & give it to friends, but we ran totally out of...what's the stuff? Anyway, we ran out.

That was also right around the peak of my AM sickness. It hasn't been bad at all this time, but there was a period where standing in the kitchen made me dizzy at least.

I associate making play-doh w/ AM sickness now! LOL I can't drink chamomile tea for the same reason (#1 did that).

But, we do have way too much gingerbread play-doh...I just hate to use it & toss it, having used it only once so far. And we just culled the hard, dry stuff right before Thanksgiving.

Still, good advice. I like *any* excuse to throw away play-doh!!! ;)

But you see, play-doh is so cheap, there's really no reason not to put it to use for a good cause like this and then toss it.

Poor little girl. I hope she feels better.