Menu

Ds6 is part shark?

Ds6 will be 7 next month. His teeth aren't loose at all, but I just looked in his mouth and his two lower middle teeth are in at least halfway. They are set rather far back.

I assume they'll nudge the baby teeth loose somehow? Or should I take him to the dentist that I don't like but is our only option right now?

Ds6 will be 7 next month. His teeth aren't loose at all, but I just looked in his mouth and his two lower middle teeth are in at least halfway. They are set rather far back.

I assume they'll nudge the baby teeth loose somehow? Or should I take him to the dentist that I don't like but is our only option right now?

You should call. One of my kids had a tooth do this and the baby tooth did not come out. It had to be pulled. Probably not what you wanted to hear (sorry! :sad:).

At the time the dentist told us that we had until they were about halfway in to deal with it. Up until that point they will get where they need to be but beyond the half way point their position can be compromised. They recommended we wiggle his tooth every day and try to get it out on its own for 10 days. Those teeth didn't budge and we got them pulled. Same thing second time around. My third ds is 6 so I am waiting for it to happen to him.

I imagine it might have been fine but I don't think those baby teeth were coming out any time soon. With the treatment we chose they came in very straight and haven't been any more problems. It is a pain to have them pulled though.

Good luck.

Marie

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it some time, but if they don't fall out I'll call the dentist. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that because I'm really not a fan of our current dentist, and I wouldn't be allowed to go back with ds6.

My ds's teeth did the same thing when he was six. His dentist pointed it out. He said to call if the baby teeth did not fall out. His baby teeth were not even loose. It took several months from what I recall for the baby teeth to fall out. He is fine now. It even happened again and resolved. I think it is because my son is so tall for his age???:):)

Good luck.

pris

I have two shark-boys here. In almost every case, the tooth behind did come forward after the other one fell out. Sometimes it was harder to get the tooth to fall out because they could not move it backwards:). The one exception was that my son had an upper tooth come in so far behind that it was in the hard palate and did not move forward. He had to have round 1 of braces to pull that up because the cross bite was putting too much pressure on the lower teeth. The dentist said that there probably was nothing we could have done to prevent it, other than pulled all his baby teeth - a little extreme and unlikely to have made a difference.