Menu

History

mom4him

I am looking for an Am. History that I could use to go along with my TQ. Actually I would probably have the TQ go along with it. We have been doing R&S science and just adding in a read aloud and have been really enjoying it. It seems like the kids are learning more and I feel much more relaxed with it. I would like to do something similar with our history this coming year. I have everything to do the first of Am. Hist for young in TQ but it has me totally overwhelmed.

I have looked at R&S, Abeca, and CLE. Are there others out there that could fit in with second/third/fourth grade American History.

I am looking for an Am. History that I could use to go along with my TQ. Actually I would probably have the TQ go along with it. We have been doing R&S science and just adding in a read aloud and have been really enjoying it. It seems like the kids are learning more and I feel much more relaxed with it. I would like to do something similar with our history this coming year. I have everything to do the first of Am. Hist for young in TQ but it has me totally overwhelmed.

I have looked at R&S, Abeca, and CLE. Are there others out there that could fit in with second/third/fourth grade American History.

What is overwhelming you about the TQ?

Well are you looking for a program or a spine? Our Los Banos has a Free American History program and I'm sure you could add some Truthquest stuff into it.

http://www.ourlosbanos.com/homeschool/history/americanhistoryindex.html

I guess I was looking for that 'just right spine'. I think I found what I will use on my own book shelves:001_smile: A while back I order the American History Yesterday Classics and as I was thinking about what I want to accomplish I got to looking at these. I will use them to lead me, reading the TQ comuntarys and work in read alouds that I have. I think part of the problem is I really do need to simplify what I have scheduled and make it more doable for us.

Thanks ladies. I think just writing it out helped me figure it out.

I guess I was looking for that 'just right spine'. I think I found what I will use on my own book shelves:001_smile: A while back I order the American History Yesterday Classics and as I was thinking about what I want to accomplish I got to looking at these. I will use them to lead me, reading the TQ comuntarys and work in read alouds that I have. I think part of the problem is I really do need to simplify what I have scheduled and make it more doable for us.

Thanks ladies. I think just writing it out helped me figure it out.

I completely understand that.

In the younger years, it works great just read the spine, add a little TQ, and have them narrate in whatever form works best for them.