Menu

Holy fast shipping Batman!

nukeswife

Well after hearing all the great things about Life of Fred, I decided to give it a try to supplement my son's Teaching Textbooks. As it is his TT will only fill 4 days of our regular year so I figure we'll use LoF on day 5 of our week. I ordered Fractions and Decimals/Percents on Friday. It was actually about 10pm Friday night. They were just delivered today! THAT WAS SUPER FAST!

I just looked through the books and they look wonderful. I hope he likes them, he's not really into reading, but if the story is fun then he will be apt to read more.

Oh one other thing. Are all the books sent out "autographed copies" because both of ours were, and I was wondering if it was because it's "HS Shopping season" or just typical of Stan.

The LOF Fractions/Decimals book I checked out from the library was autographed. (Then L decided that it was a good book to write in and scribbled all over the autograph & several other pages. :glare: This was after dh and I had looked at the book and decided it wasn't for us. :glare::glare: AND it was brand new; I had been the first one to check it out. :glare::glare::glare: I ended up buying it, and then a friend of mine kindly bought it from me for her daughter to use, so it turned out OK in the end. :tongue_smilie:)

All of the books I have bought directly from Stan have been autographed, which my ds just thinks is cool, to have a math book autographed. I love his shipping and the way he wraps books and no shipping! He obviously takes great pride in the care and distribution of his books.

We've purchased two directly from the author, both times they were autographed, both times they arrived with lightening speed! I was so excited each time I sent him an e-mail thanking him for the program and service. Both times he e-mailed back. Seems like a really nice guy! And DS loves the books. The stories are engaging enough that he doesn't complain about math like he used to.

Stan obviously has a great passion for math and it shows not only in his materials but in how he deals with customers. Our copies are all autographed. I love that personal touch! I've heard that he answers questions in email and on the phone about the math problems, like if your child is having a difficult time understanding a concept.

BTW, my ds12 doesn't really like reading either but has thoroughly enjoyed Fred's story. My son has completed the Fractions book and the Decimals/Percents book. He's in the Beginning Algebra book and he still likes the program very much. My DH, a math guy, thinks the books are faboo (fabulous)! :D

I ordered Fractions and Decimals/Percents on Friday. It was actually about 10pm Friday night. They were just delivered today! THAT WAS SUPER FAST!

Me TOO!!

I ordered LATE Fri. evening and it arrived at 11:00 am this morning.

Unbelieveable.