Menu

Alright all you coupon clippers...

please share how you do it. It sounds like some people are saving a lot of money and I am curious how you do it. I used to use the coupons that came in the paper but our paper is mostly good for lining the bird cage and not much else and we quit subscribing years ago, and it wasn't really saving me much anyway, compared to buying on sale or buying generic/store brand.

Are there secrets you are willing to share? ;)

We shop at Costco for the most part but Costco doesn't carry everything I use. The other stores available to me are Smith's, Raley's, Walmart, & Savemart (Albertsons) - but please add info about how double couponing or whatever is done at a store near you if that is part of your process.

My budget thanks you...:D

I use The Grocery Game. I don't have the patience to do the math myself, so I get their lists that match coupons to sales.

If peanut butter is regularly $2.49 and is on sale for 50% off, the list lets me know and reminds me about the coupon for 75 cents off (doubled up to $1.00 at my stores). I buy 2-4 papers and my in-laws send me stacks and stacks, so I'll buy 8-12 jars for 49 cents each.

If something I need isn't on the list (because it isn't at it's best possible price) I only buy as much as I need for that week. If it's on the list, I try to buy at least 12 weeks' worth. When I stay on top of things, my weekly list dwindles down to fresh produce and milk.

I use The Grocery Game. I don't have the patience to do the math myself, so I get their lists that match coupons to sales.

If peanut butter is regularly $2.49 and is on sale for 50% off, the list lets me know and reminds me about the coupon for 75 cents off (doubled up to $1.00 at my stores). I buy 2-4 papers and my in-laws send me stacks and stacks, so I'll buy 8-12 jars for 49 cents each.

If something I need isn't on the list (because it isn't at it's best possible price) I only buy as much as I need for that week. If it's on the list, I try to buy at least 12 weeks' worth. When I stay on top of things, my weekly list dwindles down to fresh produce and milk.

:iagree:Yep, I do pretty much the same thing. The best stores to shop at are the ones that will double or triple coupons, if you have any available to you.

I was using the grocery game as well, but have found that http://www.couponmom.com has just about the same for free. I only get one paper from my mom and that helps a bit. I also have purchased some coupons off of ebay. I try to find several coupon types that I would want to stock up on there. For example, I purchased 10 Red Barron pizza coupons for $1 and I also purchased 20 Mentos gum coupons for $2. Then it is $1 shipping for however many I buy. I usually only buy when there are several items I would want. I need to want to buy at least 3 of them to make it worth buying the coupons. I hope this isn't too confusing. My mom never gets it when I explain it to her. For those 30 coupons I bought, I paid $4. I ended up using them and saving $30, so I netted a $26 savings after the cost of buying them from ebay. The only reason I try to buy many coupons I may need at one time is to avoid additional shipping charges. I have also found that you can find many printable coupons online. I hope this helps some!

I was using the grocery game as well, but have found that www.couponmom.com has just about the same for free. I only get one paper from my mom and that helps a bit. I also have purchased some coupons off of ebay. I try to find several coupon types that I would want to stock up on there. For example, I purchased 10 Red Barron pizza coupons for $1 and I also purchased 20 Mentos gum coupons for $2. Then it is $1 shipping for however many I buy. I usually only buy when there are several items I would want. I need to want to buy at least 3 of them to make it worth buying the coupons. I hope this isn't too confusing. My mom never gets it when I explain it to her. For those 30 coupons I bought, I paid $4. I ended up using them and saving $30, so I netted a $26 savings after the cost of buying them from ebay. The only reason I try to buy many coupons I may need at one time is to avoid additional shipping charges. I have also found that you can find many printable coupons online. I hope this helps some!

I do like Kari, couponmom, 2-4 good papers (most circulated) then friends give me their coupons (mainly from the local paper, which isn't as good, but hey, they are free) I buy from clippers and e-bay for really good coupons that I want more of. I also love CVS. I never pay for shampoo, toothbrushes or tooth paste when I can get it free there.

I get 4 papers on Sunday (1 for each of us) and clip all the coupons. I even clip coupons for make-up and adult diapers and stuff I know I won't use.

I keep the coupons sorted by type an organized by date in a coupon box. (If you go to my blog, I regularly post about coupon savings and deals. Go to my blog and click on the tag for coupon posts.)

Every Sunday, I match CVS, Walgreens, Target and K-mart ads to coupons and see what is getting me a great deal. For CVS, I do the Extra Care Bucks game where I use my Extra Care Bucks to pay for things that pay me back the same amount of Extra Care Bucks. I do something similiar at Walgreens.

Once a month, K-Mart has double coupons up to $2-3. I can usually stock up on things as well. Many of these items I only pay tax on.

Also, every week the grocery flyers come out and I match the sale items up to coupons. I stock up on things that are free or almost free.

With this kind of couponing, I find that I am able to stock up on a lot of things that I normally don't think about buying and usually cost me a lot of money. Also, we are able to eat a larger variety of things. Check out my blog, I have a lot of ideas there and also the results of shopping trips. Good luck.:001_smile: