Menu

What would you do with a weekend away on your own?

Dh had done a lot of travel lately for work, and he takes trips to see friends in the summer. This year I have decided to take a weekend trip of my own, just to get away, but I don't know what I want to do.

I would like to keep it under $500 so a short, cheap plane trip may be possible, but not ideal.

I live outside of Portland, Oregon so going to a city isn't really what I want to do. I am 2 hours from the Oregon coast and 2-4 hours from the mountains.

I have considered going to a curriculum fair in Puyallup, and then over to Seattle for the rest of the weekend, but again...I don't think I want to spend my time in a city.

I have thought about meeting up with a friend, but most of mine are pretty busy right now and with the economy being rough, figure that it may not be a good time for others.

Any suggestions? The cheaper it is, the longer I can stay away :0)

Agree! I am BIG into camping --- took my boys on a 66 day tent camping trip last summer to the west coast --- but if I went away for a weekend I would not camp. If I wanted to get away from the city, and I do love the mountains, I would rent a little cabin-room at one of the wonderful National Parks near you and go hang out there. Go for a few walks/hikes, relax and be served food and drink, and drink in the peace and quiet. (PS--Delaware is the only state in the nation without a National Park or Monument!).

Carole, Delaware

Well, I don;t know if I would enjoy just getting away without hubby but I do like to visit my oldest dd without dragging all the littles along and this requires hubby to stay home with the littles. Is there anyone you would like to visit?

The only other situation I could imagine is a trip to one of the big HS conventions. My hubby wouldn't much enjoy that and then I wouldn;t feel guilty about engrossing myself.

Edited by KidsHappen

Oh, I'd find the closest Ritz Carlton, take three awesome books and schedule some treatments.

Spas are fun because most (all?) of them allow you to hang out in the spa before or after your treatment. Many of their patios and lounge areas are hard to leave -- they're so relaxing.

Having down the cheap motels, the moderately priced hotels and the super-swank luxury hotels, I can tell you: the luxury is worth the dime.

And to be alone and have time to read, maybe order a little room service. . . .oh, I'm soooo jealous!!!

Alicia

I didn't write that very well. I'd find the closest Ritz Carlton hotel and then schedule time in the hotel's spa. I think they all have them.

The Ritz I stayed in had an outstanding spa. Ritz Carlton's are known in the hotel business of being the best of the best.

Alicia