Menu

Teens get advice on TEA via texting

Given the fact that these teens are sexually active, I don't see what's wrong with them having a place to turn for legitimate answers to their questions from a trained adult. Obviously, these are not things they can ask or tell their parents. I think it's much better for them to get factual information from an adult than to turn to their peers. Especially for that poor 15-year old.

Ria

Given the fact that these teens are sexually active, I don't see what's wrong with them having a place to turn for legitimate answers to their questions from a trained adult. Obviously, these are not things they can ask or tell their parents. I think it's much better for them to get factual information from an adult than to turn to their peers. Especially for that poor 15-year old.

Ria

This is what I was thinking.

that the world has changed. Phones have all kinds of capabilities they did not used to have, and if you don't want your children to have access to that, you have to understand how to block it best as you can, though of course your child can always use someone else's phone.

I wouldn't call this offering 'advice', I say it's offering information (I realize that some kids WILL be asking for 'advice'). I think it's a great program, and it would be great if every state had one. It must be so much easier for kids who feel that their questions are somehow shameful, to ask anonymously and not have to endure the obvious discomfort the adults in their lives have with such questions (or the ridicule/shaming that will come from some adults).