Menu

Disney specials for military

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not, but Disney is offering a great deal for military members and their families. The servicemember gets 5 free days to any Disney theme park and 5 free days at any Disney water park, Wide World of Sports, or Disney Quest (this if for DisneyWorld in Kissimmee). You can also purchase five additional tickets for $99 each. For an extra $25, you can add on the water park option, and for another $25 you can add on the park hopper option. The servicemember doesn't have to purchase this--dependents can get the tickets with their own ID.

And Disney is also offering a free day on your birthday, so that is potentially a total of 11 days at Disney.

That is what all of our kids are getting for their birthday this year--a day at the Disney park of their choosing with either Mom or Dad. Grandma's present is a little spending $ for a souvenir. Yesterday I went with my 7 year old son for his birthday. We had a great day together. He got to wear a birthday pin, and he got to do some special things like "steer" the boat for the Amazon River Cruise.

I don't have a link, but you can google Disney's Salute to Veterans and find the details. I think Guard and Reserve members who meet certain conditions are also eligible. My husband retired 12 years ago, but it is nice that his service has not been forgotten and he still gets some perks now and then.

Jacklyn

We took our first trip to Disney last year and because of this awesome deal we're going back! Here is the deal from Disney for those who have not seen it yet. There is also a code for 40% off hotel accomodations for active duty military. When I called Disney, I asked and they gave me the special.

However, we decided to stay at Shades of Green again instead of another property. At first I was bummed, because I thought it would be fun to stay somewhere different, but then I remembered how pleasant our stay was last year and I quickly got over that! Hope others are able to take advantage of this wonderful offer!

We used the deal this year and it was awesome. I think you can use it over any 5 days - not just 5 together. We got a condo through the afvc.com and it worked out perfectly. The week was really reasonable (all things considered). We ate breakfast at the condo and 1 large meal at the park. It was a blast. If anyone goes - have a blast and don't miss Kim Possible at Epcot - our family favorite!

I have a question about this. My ds is in the military and we are talking about using this deal when he gets back from Iraq. His question is - when he purchases the extra 5 passes, can we then use them without him or does he have to be with us to go to each park? He would be getting me and his brother and sister a 5 day pass and he would spend some time with is friends with the other two passes. Basically, he wonders if he must attend the same park with us each day or if he only need to be available for the initial purchase. TIA!

We used the military deal in Feb and it was awesome! :)

My experience is that my husband was required to be there to turn in our vouchers and get the real passes at the park. Once we all had our passes, i don't think it would have mattered if he was there or not. They were just regular passes that you inserted into the entrance machines.

HTH!

I have a question about this. My ds is in the military and we are talking about using this deal when he gets back from Iraq. His question is - when he purchases the extra 5 passes, can we then use them without him or does he have to be with us to go to each park? He would be getting me and his brother and sister a 5 day pass and he would spend some time with is friends with the other two passes. Basically, he wonders if he must attend the same park with us each day or if he only need to be available for the initial purchase. TIA!

I would definitely call Disney to double check, but the following is from the AllEars newsletter:

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-Starting January 4, 2009, through December 23, 2009, active and retired U.S. Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, can obtain ONE complimentary 5-Day Disney's Armed Forces Salute Ticket (Base Ticket with the Park Hopper option and Water Park Fun & More Option. The No Expiration option is not available, and this ticket is not upgradeable.) Those eligible include:

-- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard

-- Retired military personnel

-- Federal/State National Guard and Reserves (with active papers dated 1/1/08-12/23/09)

NOTE: Department of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

Military members may also purchase 5-Day Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion Tickets for up to five family members and/or friends for $99 plus tax (Park Hopper Option and Water Park Fun & More Options may be purchased for an additional $25 + tax for each option. No Expiration option is NOT available). These tickets may also be upgraded to Premium, Annual and Seasonal Passes. Seasonal Pass upgrade requires proof of Florida Residency. No other upgrades, such as adding on additional days or the NE option, are available. Tickets may be upgraded anytime between January 4 -December 23, 2009 as long as there is usage left on the ticket within the 14 day window.

Tickets will expire on 12/23/09 and have no block-out dates.

Locations:

-- at any Vacation Planner or Guest Relations Window

-- at Shades of Green (ticket is tax free) (purchase an exchange voucher)

-- on Base (ticket is tax free) (purchase an exchange voucher)

Military Personnel must present valid United States Military identification (active or retired). Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists must present active duty orders in addition to valid Military ID. Sales locations should refer to the Military ID Reference Sheet for verification.

The entire party needs to be present for purchase (Spouse or military dependents can receive the companion discount without the military service member being present as long as they have their military ID).

This offer is only available once per service member.

In addition to this ticket offer, eligible members of the U.S. Military can save up to 40% on rooms at select Disney Moderate Resorts, for stays most nights January 4 to December 23, 2009 (not available at all 2/13-2/15, 4/4-4/18, 5/22-5/24, 7/3-7/4, 11/25-11/26/09). Ask about special rates through December 23, 2009 at other select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. For details:

http://www.disneyworld.com/military