Menu

Math "Wrap-up"

At the public school I used to volunteer at, they used them for both teaching and for review. It seemed that many students had difficulty with figuring out the concept of the string, and once they had that down, did enjoy them. I have not used them with my oldest, but think I might with my 9 year old. In addition to being used at home, since they are so portable you could carry them along in the car, etc

I used them when I taught a class of third graders (all boys), they came in the Saxon kit. The kids loved them once they got the hang of the string. They used to race each other, and even me! I had two or three students though who didn't have well-developed hand-eye coordination, and they found them incredibly frustrating and not at all helpful for learning the facts.

I've used them some. Like the previous poster said, they are great for taking places where you will be waiting. Dd used to take them in the car and do one if we got stuck at a long light. They are okay. I am not sure I would buy them again, but if they were given to me - I would gladly use them.

Besides math, I have seen, music, states, etc.