Menu

Asking for your thoughts tomorrow for our son's surgery

Asking for your thoughts and prayers that all goes well with our 15 month old son's surgery tomorrow morning. He is having a dermoid cyst removed from next to his eye (along his eyebrow line). I'm a very nervous mama right now.

The other 2 kids are on their way to their grandparents house...Papaw came and picked them up. Once DH gets home, we'll be on our way too...we have to stay at a hotel because it's a 90 minute drive to the children's hospital.

Thank you.

Asking for your thoughts and prayers that all goes well with our 15 month old son's surgery tomorrow morning. He is having a dermoid cyst removed from next to his eye (along his eyebrow line). I'm a very nervous mama right now.

The other 2 kids are on their way to their grandparents house...Papaw came and picked them up. Once DH gets home, we'll be on our way too...we have to stay at a hotel because it's a 90 minute drive to the children's hospital.

Thank you.

Thinking of you all.

It went pretty well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I posted about our weekend on my blog, and there is a slideshow of pictures. It's been an exhausting and worry filled week, but he's now on the mend.

I'm going to sleep now, but just wanted to let you all know he is doing well. He looks like he's been beat up in a boxing match or something, but he's still smiling!

The link to my blog is in my signature.

In the pics he looks quite happy in spite of it all.

What was the surgery for? (I missed any previous posts about it).

He had a dermoid cyst along his eyebrow line removed. It was not visible at birth, but I felt it while rubbing my hand along his face while nursing him at about 3 1/2 months old. It continued to grow from there. Our Ped advised us to wait until he was over a year old to have it removed because she said anasthesia would be safer then...so we waited while it grew larger.

He turned 1 in November, and we had an appointment with an ophthalmic surgeon in January. He told us that it would continue to grow, and it would be good to have it removed now so that long term scarring would be minimal. I also like that ds would have no memory of the surgery.

So Friday, days after turning 15 months old, he had the surgery to have it removed. He is doing pretty well, but it doesn't look very pretty.

It went pretty well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I posted about our weekend on my blog, and there is a slideshow of pictures. It's been an exhausting and worry filled week, but he's now on the mend.

I'm going to sleep now, but just wanted to let you all know he is doing well. He looks like he's been beat up in a boxing match or something, but he's still smiling!

The link to my blog is in my signature.

So glad that all is well!