Menu

Spelling Program for Visually Impaired

I'm here asking (once again) for spelling recommendations. Last year someone suggested All About Spelling and we began the first grade with it. But man, that flopped! We liked it well enough, but it was such a pain to get all the letters and cards out and rather teacher intensive...although perhaps I need to just suck it up with this child's spelling program. I'd kind of like to see a computer program for her to work with independently. Or maybe something like Lyrical Science--CDs with catchy songs about spelling rules? I don't know. Any ideas?

Thank you. I've looked at it a few times and cant' decide whether I want to get involved in flashcards with pictures of animals to help you remember the sound. Seems like an unnecessary extra step. However, I used to be against young children using computers and now I see that it really is a good thing for DD. She can see things more easily on a screen sometimes than on paper. Not to mention that we can enlarge it on the computer more easily than my enlarging them with the copier (aligning and copying, re-aligning and recopying--it can very time-consuming and wasteful)

Has anyone used iSpellwell? I'm thinking of downloading their free 60-day trial. http://www.ispellwell.com/