Menu

High school homeschool blogs?

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend some blogs that talk about homeschooling a high schooler? Or do any of you keep one?

I've got a pretty good sense of what we're going to do next year, but my daughter and I would love to see what high school looks like for other kids. In looking through my feed reader, most of the blogs I read are geared more towards teaching younger kids. I know that many of us are teaching multiple age levels, but if you have (or know of) a blog that even just talks sometimes about what your high schooler is doing, that would be great. :)

Since we found out that my husband's company is relocating us to Minnesota this summer, we have to reevaluate our plans for high school!! :eek: Originally, my daughter was going to attend a local ISP, but we're back to the planning phase now.

You know, as in an older mom in my late 40s, all this new-fangled blogging and facebooking just never would have occurred to me if wasn't for this forum and seeing that so many people keep blogs. Someone asked me a year or more ago in a thread if I kept a blog and that was when I started noticing how many people now chronicle their homeschool journeys via a blog. But my theory is it is still a generational thing, that most women my age don't keep one. I'm going to have to start looking at signature lines to see how many of my high school board counterparts keep blogs -- Jean in Wisconsin does -- a lovely blog of her rural Wisconsin life, but no others pop to my mind at the moment.

Anyhoo. I started a blog in January and keep up with it on an inconsistently regular basis! And I don't know how much I talk about the actual homeschooling work we do, though it was my original intention to do so. But it is there -- kind of spartan and lacking any flashiness. (Maybe over the summer when I have more time to figuring this stuff out I can jazz it up a bit!)

But my theory is it is still a generational thing, that most women my age don't keep one.

Thank you for sharing your blog link! I popped it into my feed reader. :thumbup:

I'd never thought about it as a generational thing, but it's interesting to think about, now that you mention it!

I suspect that never occurred to me because I'm part of a very technologically oriented family. Even my mother blogs and hangs out on Facebook, and she recently convinced me to finally get a new cell phone so she can text me, like she texts all her friends. :lol:

I blog frequently and have been homeschooling high school for awhile, graduating our 2nd this spring- 3 still to go, including a high schooler. I usually do a weekly report or a "quick takes Friday" either of which chronicle our homeschool week. I'd love to have you visit :001_smile:

Jean in Wisconsin does -- a lovely blog of her rural Wisconsin life, but no others pop to my mind at the moment.

You're sweet :)

I have written about some of my highschool activities here, but most of my blog is photos and comments on just about anything in my life.

I have been getting as many as a dozen hits per day on my diploma this spring! They find me by Googling "homeschool highschool diploma." LOL!

This spring my blog has been moving rather slowly. My mom has been in and out of the hospital so many times that I've lost count. My son is graduating and we are trying to do some things around the house to get ready for his party--reason to get the painting done! And my astronomy clubs are doing many programs this spring for school groups, and I'm running a number of activities there, too. :auto::auto:

But you are welcome to visit!

:) Jean

• 1 year later...
Guest Dulcimeramy

My blog is pitiful. I'm working on it a little this evening, and I do plan to be more consistent in the fall.

We'll be doing an 8th grade year that will be full of 9th grade-worthy courses. We're hedging our bets in case

1. We send him to public high school, in which case this will need to be 8th grade.

2. He needs to graduate early for a vocational program he's interested in, in which case this will need to be 9th grade.

So I'm unofficially calling it 8th grade, but I can rename it 9th grade later if needed.

blog link: James Wisdom School

I blog, but it's been sadly neglected this spring. Now that we've moved to a new city and are getting settled in, I hope to blog more. I'll have 2 teenagers in high school, and we'll be adjusting to new opportunities, so I should have some things to write about!

I have a general blog that has stuff on it, but I have a separate private blog for high school. You can PM if interested.

I blog for many reasons. Mostly it's nice to know that no matter what happens to my computer, all my links and such are safe somewhere else. I helps me keep my thoughts and plans organized in a focused manner too. Also it is probably as close as I will ever get to scrape booking.

I am thinking of having a digital download to bound book format done at some point if funds permit. I think it would make a neat yearbook type momento.