Menu

Self-reflection exercise, help please? KidsHappen is . . .

I am working on a self-reflection exercise. I am supposed to compare my perception of self with the perception of friends and family. I have many family members that know me very well and have spent much time with me so that part is easy. However, I have many fewer friendly non-relations who have spent much time with me, know me well and would be able to offer much help. I do spend lots of time here though and I have been here for a long time and share more of true unfiltered self than IRL so I was hoping you ladies could help me out.

I am looking for honesty here not just compliments and accolades. Gently pointing out faults and constructive critisim is welcome. Feel free to share negative observations if you have them but try to do so in a positive manner if at all possible. I can handle you are weird and crazy (this I know) but I do have feelings :001_smile:, so I hate your guts and think you are stupid might be a little rough. Personality traits, communication style, knowledge of things I post about, awareness of my limits, ability to disagree or to agree to disagree, consistancy, mood, memory, outlook, anything at all really. Even a line or two about something that you have noticed or that has stood out to you would help. I would like to get as many responses as possible so please respond if you can. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

I am working on a self-reflection exercise. I am supposed to compare my perception of self with the perception of friends and family. I have many family members that know me very well and have spent much time with me so that part is easy. However, I have many fewer friendly non-relations who have spent much time with me, know me well and would be able to offer much help. I do spend lots of time here though and I have been here for a long time and share more of true unfiltered self than IRL so I was hoping you ladies could help me out.

I am looking for honesty here not just compliments and accolades. Gently pointing out faults and constructive critisim is welcome. Feel free to share negative observations if you have them but try to do so in a positive manner if at all possible. I can handle you are weird and crazy (this I know) but I do have feelings :001_smile:, so I hate your guts and think you are stupid might be a little rough. Personality traits, communication style, knowledge of things I post about, awareness of my limits, ability to disagree or to agree to disagree, consistancy, mood, memory, outlook, anything at all really. Even a line or two about something that you have noticed or that has stood out to you would help. I would like to get as many responses as possible so please respond if you can. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

KidsHappen is self-aware.

KidsHappen is curious.

KidsHappen is compassionate.

KidsHappen is fair-minded.

KidsHappen's glass is half-full, not half-empty.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Here is my perception:

Kidshappen is interested in the cause of liberty and justice for all.

Kidshappen is hurting deeply, but hides it most of the time.

This is not an accolade, but the first thought that came to my mind -- whenever I read your posts, I think, "She is a good mother and a good wife, one who really thinks about her children and husband and cares deeply for them." HTH in some way. :001_smile:

I also think that you communicate directly and clearly. I usually (think I) understand your posts, which I can't say is true for everyone.... LOL! I think you have a sense of humor that helps you get through stressful times. You value your ability to laugh at life, even when it hurts.

Finally, I think that I might be positive in my "feelings" and "reflections" about you because I often agree with what you post.... but someone else, who disagrees with you, might feel differently. You know how it's easier to LIKE people who agree with us, because we think, "Oh, I must be right about X, she thinks just the way I do." LOL. So that's probably why I think you are "balanced." Did that make sense?

Edited by Sahamamama