Menu

Interesting article on the flu

This was posted yesterday, just a few things I see wrong with this article:

* "Why Mexico? Well overcrowding, poor nutrition and overall poor immunity, all of which are indigenous to Mexico will radically increase your risk of death from almost any infection." These concerns have already been looked into and dismissed, along with air quality and self medicating.

* "Interestingly there are no official reports of just who these people are that died. Are they elderly or infirm people, are they already chronically ill? Are they under 5 years old? Or perhaps someone who could just as easily be killed by the common cold or a slip and fall?" This article is dated April 29th, we already knew a large portion of the people were young, healthy adults in the 20-40 age group.

*"Personally, I am highly skeptical. It simply doesn't add up to a real pandemic." A doctor is saying this? A pandemic is based on how the disease spreads, not how sick people get from it.

*"Just a couple of months ago, scientists concluded that the 1918 flu pandemic that killed between 50-100 million people worldwide in a matter of 18 months -- which all these worst case scenarios are built upon -- was NOT due to the flu itself!4" I'm not 100% positive, but it is my understanding this is theory and not fact.

Also, the strain has since been proven to be only swine, and not the mixture of swine/human/avian previously thought. And as for the whole AIDS biological warfare thing..seriously?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/aids.asp

I agree with a lot of this article - not because the person is a professional (heck, I am not either)...I just see a lot of "yep" in some it.

I agree with you that some of the information is valid and correct. However, I do see some misinformation as well. Mercola has been cited by the FDA numerous times for erroneous claims. At least now he's giving others credit for the misinformation.

Ria

I agree with you that some of the information is valid and correct. However, I do see some misinformation as well. Mercola has been cited by the FDA numerous times for erroneous claims. At least now he's giving others credit for the misinformation.

Ria

I don't agree with everything Mercola says, but I have even less faith in the FDA. If the FDA doesn't like him, that almost gives him more creedence in my book.