Menu

Growing with Grammar questions

Marsha

You could do GWG four times a week and comfortably finish out within the year. We tried three times a week last year and did not finish the book.

Since we didn't start GWG until 4th grade, I'm sorry that I can't answer questions knowledgeably about the younger grades! I hope someone else will chime in for you.

HTH!

You could do GWG four times a week and comfortably finish out within the year. We tried three times a week last year and did not finish the book.

Is it often that a lesson takes more than one day? There are 105 lessons (including chapter reviews) in gr. 4. That should work out to 35 weeks @ 3 times a week. I can do 4x a week but was really hoping for 3 with a little wiggle room.

I think the author recommends three times a week, at least for the youngers but we always take more than one day to do the review lessons and that's where the extra days come in. I am interesting in this idea of integrating PLL and ILL with it, hmmmm. Something else to think about for next year, just what I need. I like the memorization, poetry and picture study in PLL/ILL but was trying to choose between GWG and those, maybe I can do both.

Thanks for the idea!

We finished level four with three lessons per week, and are on track to finish level five with three lessons per week - we have about two weeks left.

While I haven't tried it (didin't love ILL and returned it) I don't see why you couldn't combine with PLL/ILL. GWG can be done very independently for the child who can read his own lessons. You could have him do GWG on his own and then go over it with him, and have PLL/ILL as an oral exercise.