Menu

Arlington Book Fair - will it be affected by Swine Flu?

I mean H1N1?

At first I thought I would skip it because of the huge crowd shuffling from booth to booth and handling everything.

THEN I thought, "Maybe everyone else will think the same way and skip it. Then it won't be crowded and won't that be a lovely turn of events! So maybe I should go. But then maybe everyone will think it's going to be a light turn out and it will be more crowded than ever, because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose to go to the book fair."

I don't know what to tell you about the book fair, but I can tell you that you have made me want to take the rest of the day off and watch "The Princess Bride". :)

Heather in MD

I mean H1N1?

At first I thought I would skip it because of the huge crowd shuffling from booth to booth and handling everything.

THEN I thought, "Maybe everyone else will think the same way and skip it. Then it won't be crowded and won't that be a lovely turn of events! So maybe I should go. But then maybe everyone will think it's going to be a light turn out and it will be more crowded than ever, because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose to go to the book fair."

You can tell how "unconcerned" I am -- I never thought of that ! (Was going to show up just as I do every year.) I just checked the website, and found this "box inset" :

SWINE FLU

The Home School Book Fair will take place as scheduled. Sick people should not attend. Wash your hands and take common sense precautions while in public places.

(Where else can I obtain my supplies from Australia ? :D )

I have to admit that I am considering not going. I really want to go, but we have so much going on right now that it would really not be a good time for any of us to get sick.

I only need one thing for next year and I could just order it online. I would love to go and look at things for future years though.

Jan

Jan,

This is not as good as seeing things "in the real", of course -- but maybe you could print out the list of suppliers scheduled to be there, and do your own "online book fair" by visiting the websites of suppliers which interest you.

Even though I'm planning to go, I'm going to play things by ear. It is a week away, and the Metroplex conditions can change quickly and radically. My own "needs" are those of a "browser", because we know pretty much what we intend to use. There just always are "surprise discoveries" -- especially among the used literature (not textbooks) vendors.

Antonia

P.S. Another "light bulb" -- Although nobody here knows me, if there are particular products which anyone -- anyone who normally would attend the Arlington fair, that is -- wants info about, if I succeed in attending, I could try to pick up flyers and mail them to you.

I'm going to play things by ear. It is a week away, and the Metroplex conditions can change quickly and radically. Antonia

That is basically what I am going to do as well. My kids will be very disappointed if we don't go. They want to hear Hank the Cowdog in person.

Jan

I preregistered and my oldest just loves the Arlington Book Fair so we are still planning on attending. However, as the conditions can/are changing rapidly in regards to the spread of the flu, we are going to wait until Thursday night/Friday morning to make our final decision on whether to go.