Menu

To buy or not but the newest edition of TWTM?

Feeling a bit foolish, but hey, what can I say. I own the first and the second editions of TWTM, both completely tabbed and underlined with our public library call numbers for the books referenced. I love this book.

So, should I buy or not buy the third edition of TWTM? How much of it is just exactly the same, and how much has changed? Are the changes significant enough to warrant buying a new edition?

Thanks for your input,

Stacie:tongue_smilie:

I'm buying it, and adding it to my collection (which sounds just like yours!). I have one child entering logic stage, and another entering rhetoric stage. It's been awhile since I've read those sections, and I want a fresh look at them, along with any changes in the recommendations.

Plus, I just feel that one can't own too many editions of TWTM! :)

I have the other versions of it but I'm homeschooling for the long run so I see purchases like this as a professional development resource.

Rose, I like the way you put that. It helps me justify buying the new edition to add to my second edition. As if I really needed any more justification! :001_smile:

Teonei

How much of it is just exactly the same, and how much has changed? Are the changes significant enough to warrant buying a new edition?

I'm wondering the same thing. Like you, I have the first and second editions, and if the only real changes in the new edition concern the recommended books, I can probably live without it for a while. If there are substantive differences in the overall content of the book, particularly for those of us with dc in the 9-12 age range, I will definitely order the new edition right away.

Thanks!

Cat

I'm buying a copy. But I'm a bit of a book addict, so my example may not be the best one to follow.

If I recall correctly, SWB commented in another thread that there was really no reason to buy the new edition if you already had one. The theory remains the same, the only major changes are the curriculum updates. (Though I'm sure she wouldn't mind if everyone went out and bought one. More books sold is always a good thing, right?)

Guest janainaz

I'm buying it - waiting for it from Amazon. I did not own the other two, I've just checked them out and read what I've needed. I'm at a point where I need my own now. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks for postinf this, I have been wondering the same thing.

Feeling a bit foolish, but hey, what can I say. I own the first and the second editions of TWTM, both completely tabbed and underlined with our public library call numbers for the books referenced. I love this book.

So, should I buy or not buy the third edition of TWTM? How much of it is just exactly the same, and how much has changed? Are the changes significant enough to warrant buying a new edition?

Thanks for your input,

Stacie:tongue_smilie: