Menu

online/ apologia biology did anyone like this

We went to the convention and looked at BJU biology vs apologia and then found out about the online Apologia. We were ready to sign up but have seen some poor reviews of Apologia biology.

is there anyone that has had good luck with it?? I was hoping maybe the online would be better as I cannot teach it.

Kathy

they have done well when testing on the subjects. Oldest dd CLEP'd out of freshman bio after taking the Apologia Bio and Advanced Bio.

The books are written to the student and the text is easily understood. That said, I don't find it a dumbed-down program at all. The author wrote it as he did because many parents don't have a strong science background and need a text that explains everything very clearly - Apologia is that text.

Ds#1 has taken Apologia Biology and Chemistry and is now taking Anatomy & Physiology/Adv Biology through The Potter's School. Apologia Academy is new for next year, but the two science teachers are currently teaching Apologia through The Potter's School. Ds#1 has had both teachers. Ds loved his biology class with Steve Rosenoff.

A cheaper option would be to use Red Wagon Tutorials from Steve Rosenoff. It would mean a little more work for you, but your child wouldn't have to attend class each week at a certain time.