Menu

My Body - Help with missing page

Gwenny

I just got the book My Body in the mail today and found it is missing page 17 and 18. Anyone who has the book that can tell me what body part is on that page? I don't see what's missing.

I've contacted to company I purchased it from but I'd still like to know what I'm missing. The book was listed as "acceptable" condition, but to me, missing pages is not acceptable!

Thanks,

Gwen

Thanks! Now I understand why that page is missing! We might not do those anyway - my daughter already has too many questions about "how does the baby get in there?". I assume it is just the internal reproductive organs though, right? It might be helpful to show her that the baby is actually in the uterus and not the "belly". It's shocking that so many people (including adults) don't understand this. Does the text for that page explain reproduction at all or just the basic function of these parts? I don't want to go into eggs or sperm with a 6 year old!

I'm excited to start this in the fall!

Gwen

We skipped them because I didn't want my boys knowing that they have anything to do with reproduction yet! Obviously they all know that a baby grows in Mommy's tummy, but I told them that God put the baby there.

The book does give the names for the internal organs, but not the outer parts. It does mention eggs and sperm, but doesn't say what part the sperm plays.

The part you color and cut/paste has uterus/ovaries for a girl, or testicles for a boy.

The part you color and cut/paste has uterus/ovaries for a girl, or testicles for a boy.

The parts are colored gold and purple, and, once the body is assembled, they really don't stand out. I put our "body" up on the wall above the stairs, so you are eye level with it, but it is about 12 feet away. Kiddo, in wiggles of delight at showing this off, informed a visitor he had gold and purple testicles.

I "swing" the other way. I am as bland about these organs as about the liver. Making something special and secret draws attention to them, as I recall from my childhood.

You could easily make these without a pattern....make them proportionate in size with the other organs, and in simple outline. The scrotum is a sort of cursive W shape with two purple olives colored in.