Menu

I saw the Disney movie "earth" today...warning!

Thank you so much for the warning. I had some sneak peak passes and I chose not to use them because I suspected that might be the case. I hate, hate, hate when movies or TV show animals eating other animals. I know it's nature. But, I just can't watch it. It's something I'm really sensitve to.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ilene

I never post on the internet and I joined this forum just so I could share this because I think this is so important. I took my 6 yr. old Granddaughter to see The Earth movie yesterday and we walked out in about half an hour. This is no movie for a child. I would advise parents of older children (10+) see it first and then decide if it's appropriate for your child.

The movie is too descriptive and disturbing for the minds of young children. One poor child next to me in the theater was crying but her mother merely said "that's nature." No, nature is not graphic cinema with close-ups of the chase and kill (usually of defenseless baby animals) several times within 90 minutes.

Parents, please be sensitive to your children and don't expose them to this until they are more mature. Let them be children and have pleasant dreams not nightmares.

I applaud the parents who spoke out against this movie for young children.

I took two girls, both aged 10, and it was fine. :001_smile: They both loved it and my dd said she wanted to buy the movie on DVD. The sad parts (to me) weren't too bad. In my opinion, the movie Bambi is worse when his mama gets shot, or the Lion King when Simba is lying with his dad and yelling out "heeeelp! Somebody! Anybody... help..." I mean, that just about kills me every time. I suppose it depends on how sensitive the kids are. My dd won't watch Snow White because of the evil witch, and she won't watch The Little Mermaid because of Ursula the Octopus. So there's our framework. It sums up to a judgement call for parents. :001_smile:

i saw this with my 8 year old and 5 year old yesterday, both girls, and we thought it was super. nothing gory or over the top. animal gets other animal, scene over. this is life. i don't want my kids in a bubble about this kind of stuff. i want them to embrace science and the circle of life in all of its forms. there was some amazing time elapse footage, and truly sweet shots in this movie.

lisa