Menu

Sooo, I am going to college tomorrow...

Osmosis Mom

Dd has been begging me to make time (and leave my wondrous toddler at home with kiddos and dh) to go attend a day of classes at her school. I am not really that excited about having to sit still for 4 hours during classes where I can't participate, but on the other hand then I am grateful that she is so eager to bring her mother and share her life with me. I guess that's the precious part of this girl and her relationship with me; she is a very confident girl who loves to include her mommy!!

So yeah, I am a college-girl.

Then this new big piece of her life won't be something that you don't both have in common. My husband brought me on a business trip once for the same reason - so when he talked about this place where he went every month, I would be able to picture it, and so when he was there, he could remember when we were both there. I still persuade my mother to do things like that. And she comes to please me, with the same reservations that you have about the discomfort and whether I really want her. I hope you two get to continue to share for all your lives.

-Nan

Thanks, fellow-mothers, for this understanding. She is precious. She sort of wants to show me off *and* share her day. I think it is indeed special for her to include me always.

I have dined a lot at Wellesley. The food there is awesome -at least for me because I like different things. Dd of course tends to eat a few specific things again and again (much to my chagrin). Her weekly highlight is the Sunday Sundae -this was after she had to stop eating ice-cream daily in order not to become one big happy balloon!!

So, tomorrow I am off to Arabic, Chem, Psychology, lunch, and then off to a book-sale (happily missing one more class, art, which I hope dd will understand).

Actually I used to itch for going back, but then a few years ago I suddenly did not feel like going...Today was fun. The last class was a Psych and the topic happened to be about long term relationships and what factors ensure a strong one and how we get attracted to our partner. It was almost like a marriage 101! The teacher was charismatic.

The morning Arabic class was energetic and dd was trying to play up to her image of being the "class-clown"!! In this class you could see her battle with another alpha-female, which was quite amusing to watch from afar, now at the end of the year!

I also attended an infamous chem-class and I must agree that the teacher did manage to kill all joy for the topic right then and there!! She made the topic completely abstract and basically had a discussion with a couple of students adn then assumed the other 25 kids were on the same page. Of course most of the discussion was too low for anyone to hear so that was disappointing. And the teacher kept saying not to be afraid of all those numbers and graphs, there is nothing scary about them, now let's look at the graphs in silence for 5-10 minutes before "we" (the 3 students and her) discuss. Again and again. I was sorry that dd did not get as riveting a chem-class experience as I eventually had....

Meal-time was overwhelming. The college was hosting prospies (accepted students still making up their mind) this week so there were tons of extra people. Way too busy for me! And very loud, gees, girls can talk.

All in all, a nice day. I am defnitely happen I have a BA as I'd never want to endure sitting in a class with all those babies, haha!! Now getting a masters, that's a different story.