Menu

Curious...Anyone going to use CW Primers?

Honey Bee

I'm excited an really like the book and copywork selections (planning on reading these anyway this year). We won't be quite ready to use them yet, but we might be able to jump in after fall or winter.

What ages/grades are your dc? I think you only need to add phonics/spelling (we use AAS), do you think that will be a well rounded LA program between the two curriculums. Would you add anything?

I'm considering them.

I will probably add and tweak, but I would do that with anything!

I half jokingly tell people I decided on Classical Christian homescholing because we owned half the books already (and most of those before we had children!)

I noticed a few days ago that I already own a 1924 edition of Baldwin's book (used with winter), interestingly enough, and it is also a syllable divided book! (I didn't notice that when I purchased it, either. I was just excited to find such an interesting looking old book for only $2! And yes, I purchased that one before having children, too.)

I'm excited an really like the book and copywork selections (planning on reading these anyway this year). We won't be quite ready to use them yet, but we might be able to jump in after fall or winter.

What ages/grades are your dc? I think you only need to add phonics/spelling (we use AAS), do you think that will be a well rounded LA program between the two curriculums. Would you add anything?

I'm trying to decide if I want to use WWE or the CW Primer's. I had planned on winging it until we started Aesop in third grade, but it's not going so well right now! I'm leaning towards the CW primers (right now).

We will be using them with a second grader and I will be adding Word Attack for spelling. I haven't decided if we will add KISS Grammar this year or not. I'm waiting to see the program first. Hope that helps you!

I planned on ordering them for my younger dd for this fall. I was very excited because I was planning these very same books for her anyway. I was trying to create something on my own with these books and then saw these and was so relieved!

I will be adding spelling, handwriting and maybe grammar too.

They look great and my plan is to stretch Aesop over 2 years. I will probably use what I have at home to supplement so that I can stretch it that far. That will leave us doing Aesop A in 2nd and B in 3rd. I don't want to start Homer any sooner than 4th.

HTH