Menu

? for Galore Park Science

momof165

Has anyone used this curriculum with their kids? We are looking for a secular science program 4th and up. I like Galore Park History and have used it in the past, as well as their English. But I have no experience with their science program. Is ist similar to Singapore's science?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Sonja

I didn't really find any info on the GP Yahoo site. I did see you can get Junior Book 1 on Amazon. No TM or anything, but I have no idea if a TM is necessary.

They seem very reliable, according to my own experience and that of others here. They ship to the US for free and the books arrive very fast.

Best wishes

Laura

Galore Park Science is excellent!

Tamarind,

what in particular did you like about Galore Park Science? Did you use the Teacher Guide? Is the Teacher Guide necessary? Are there a lot of science projects? Sorry for all the questions, but the website just does not give enough info, and I don't no anyone using it.

So, I am all :bigear:

Sonja

Tamarind,

what in particular did you like about Galore Park Science? Did you use the Teacher Guide? Is the Teacher Guide necessary? Are there a lot of science projects? Sorry for all the questions, but the website just does not give enough info, and I don't no anyone using it.

So, I am all :bigear:

Sonja

I've found them quite responsive.

Good luck

Laura

Dear Sonja,

I have used Galore Park Science (So You Really Want to Learn Science Book 1) with my three mid-school age daughters. They each have their own text, and I have the Answer Key. The text covers three main topics:

Life and living processes

Materials and their properties

Physical processes

The reading is clear; the illustrations are beautiful.

Each lesson is followed by a few questions covering the more important topics in the lesson. Some of the extension questions require insight or information beyond what is in the text. There are assignments that require drawing charts and displaying science concepts in a visual way. The text does not assign labs. But some of the lessons and extension questions might provide inspiration for science projects. We do our own natural history projects not directly related to those in the text. The Answer Key is just that, an answer key; it does not contain the student text. I believe Galore Park carries a teacher CD which might have more helps and ideas for labs.

I apologize for the delay in my reply.

Dear Sonja,

I have used Galore Park Science (So You Really Want to Learn Science Book 1) with my three mid-school age daughters. They each have their own text, and I have the Answer Key. The text covers three main topics:

Life and living processes

Materials and their properties

Physical processes

The reading is clear; the illustrations are beautiful.

Each lesson is followed by a few questions covering the more important topics in the lesson. Some of the extension questions require insight or information beyond what is in the text. There are assignments that require drawing charts and displaying science concepts in a visual way. The text does not assign labs. But some of the lessons and extension questions might provide inspiration for science projects. We do our own natural history projects not directly related to those in the text. The Answer Key is just that, an answer key; it does not contain the student text. I believe Galore Park carries a teacher CD which might have more helps and ideas for labs.

I apologize for the delay in my reply.

Hello Tamarind,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. I just found another great secular science program!:D Now, off to their website again!

Sonja

• 3 weeks later...
So which "great secular science program" website did you visit? What do you think? Nancy

Exploration Education Program, Singapore Science, Galore Park Science, R.E.A.L. Science, Ellen McHenry's Science, MsNucleus Science Program - just to name a few. Trying to find seculare hs material IS my passion! :D As of right now, I still haven't made up my mind. I think, I will go with R.E.A.L. Science Chemistry and R.E.A.L. Science Earth for my ds 9. But still not sure:001_huh:. Decisions, decisions, ..........

Sonja