Menu

If I buy the new version of TWTM, what should I do with my old copy?

Sell it at a discount? Donate it to an organization that gives used books to HSing families in financial need? Give it to a friend? Donate it to our local public library?

It's in relatively good condition, and I would normally list it for sale on the S&S board, but I'm not sure there is a market for it now that the new version has been released.

I just bought the previous version just a few months ago, and I don't plan on getting the new one anytime soon. However, I probably will be on the look out for it next year - and I think at that time I will just go to the library to see what has changed, since I think the version I have is very good.

Anyway - I like all the options you listed. If you have a HalfPrice or other used bookstore, you can always sell it (not sure if you would get very much of course) and use what you get towards books there. I do that every now and then.

Or - if you want to make sure it gets read by the most people, check your library and see if they need a copy. You can also always sell it on eBay.

You could post it on the sale board here. I'm sure it would sell!! Or you could give it to a friend just starting out.

I gave my first edition to a friend. I kind of wish I had kept it though, as the library still carries books even though they're OOP. I'm not going to be homeschooling after next year (boo hoo!) but I still may have to get the new book :001_smile:

I have the first one and then I bought the second. I have kept both and often lend out the first version. I let the reader know that the concepts are still the same, but the curriculm suggestions have changed. Most people who have borrowed it have gotten their own copy of the new one soon after. This way I never have to lose my newer copy and if someday I don't get it back, thats OK. I love lending it out and people have been very grateful to read the old version to get an idea of Classical Schooling.

Melissa

It's in relatively good condition, and I would normally list it for sale on the S&S board, but I'm not sure there is a market for it now that the new version has been released.

Some of the out of print "extras" books are just wonderful, and show up on Amazon for a buck. I'm keeping mine.

A friend, who is just starting out in home schooling, emailed to let me know she is interested in borrowing and / or buying my well read but still in relatively good condition copy of WTM. I actually picked up a copy of the new edition for her at the conference this weekend in Cinncy, in case she wanted one. Now I get to keep it :001_smile: