Menu

Question about R&S English

Joyful

We are currently doing R&S 3 and we are doing just fine with just the student textbook. For those who have used R&S English 4, do you find that you can do it without the teacher's manual, or do you feel that it is very necessary?

TIA!

We are currently doing this now and it works just fine. We are actually using grade 6 without the TM as well. I do plan to purchase the TM for grade 7 next year though. I will just mention that we really like the worksheets. There is not one for every lesson but we do them when there is one in place of the written exercises in the book.

I like the scripted review at the beginning of each lesson in the TM, but that is all I use it for. It is sometimes handy to have the answers if I am in a hurry, but unless your knowledge of grammar and/or diagramming is a little rusty, that wouldn't be a major issue.

Terri

Thanks for the help!

Uh, I do have one question...

I never learned how to diagram, and so far I'm catching on pretty well learning along - it looks like there are still a few "growing brain cells" in my brain. :001_smile: So, do you think I'll do okay?

I appreciate the TM for the scripted review each day at the beginning of the lesson and for the answers for complex diagrams in R&S 6. I know I would not be as diligent in review without the script. I believe the review has helped cement the concepts even for my younger DS who is using R&S 3.

We do many of the exercises verbally and the TM is helpful as I can look at it while they use their book.

I too am a fan of the worksheets for the written work (as are my kids). They like that it saves them a bit of writing. The worksheet answers are in the TM as well. The worksheet book is cheap and it makes them happy.

I never learned how to diagram, and so far I'm catching on pretty well learning along - it looks like there are still a few "growing brain cells" in my brain. :001_smile: So, do you think I'll do okay?

YES! :) I did learn to diagram, but only in 5th grade that I can remember, and I never knew why I was doing it, and I never used it. And it wasn't anything complex. But now I'm learning to diagram more alongside my son, who will be using R&S 6 next year, and I think it's FUN! I even found opportunity to USE it last week - he had a sentence in his narration that didn't seem "right." So we started diagraming it and lo and behold, we figured out how to fix it.