Menu

vanilla stain

Help, vanilla just got dumped on one of my favorite linen shirts! What do I do... is it forever lost?

TIA

Is your shirt washable or dry clean only?? If it's washable, I'd wet that spot, rub some Fels Naptha soap on it. Work it in for a minute or so and rinse.

My usual treatment for stains is to dampen the area, work in a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid (e.g., Palmolive, Sunlight, for handwashing dishes), and then rub, adding water to get it foamy. It works for almost all stains, even ones that have set. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

My MIL taught me this when I was first married (25 years ago) and it works like a dream!

Janet

It's washable... what's Fels Naptha soap?

It's a bar laundry soap that excels at getting out stains. I use it on everything and it comes out. You can use it on all colors. It doesn't bleach or fade the fabric, it just gets out the stain. Even greasy stains, blood, grass etc. Even with stains that have set it comes out. It works great and it's dirt cheap too. I buy mine in the laundry aisle of the grocery store. One bar costs 99 cents. :) It looks like this. :) Hope this helps you. :)

FelsNapthaSoap.jpg