Menu

I want to change my board name but...

I need to change my board name but I don't want to post about the change. I recently found out that someone had done an online search and found one of my posts. Now that person is very upset with me. I didn't mean any harm but now it has me wondering. I don't necessarily want everyone I know to be able to trace all the messages that I post on here. I love the input that I get this board from homeschooling and non-homeschooling issues. I don't feel that anything I post here is bad but this person is very upset and I don't want it to happen again.

The problem is that if I post a message telling everyone that I'm changing my name that if that post is read then my new posts could also be traced.

Any suggestions?

I would just change. Maybe what you could do in this old one is to get an avatar before you change. Then when you change over keep the avatar. But then again, if someone is looking you up then they would see this post.

I don't know what to tell you. Sorry that I'm no help. I would just say feel free to change.

I agree that nosy people deserve what they find, but....

I would also feel that my privacy had been violated.

So if you feel that way, go ahead and change your name. I know of at least three people on this board who have done the same thing for the same reason, and they emailed me to let me know what their new names were. Especially now that we have pm-ing available to us, you can do likewise. Change your name and then pm a few of your buddies so that they know you're you.

hth!

:)

It is also my email name. I regret that they found the post that upset them. They found it by doing a google seach under the topic they were looking for. They weren't necessarily looking for me but found my post relating to that topic. I didn't say anything awful and I hope I never had but it worries me that now that this particular person found that post that they would continue to read any other posts that I make. I don't plan on saying anything bad but I share things on this board that I don't want this person to read about even if it is just my concerns about homeschooling.

Karenciavo, you're avatar gives me the heebie jeebies. I get frightened every time I look at it. :eek:

OH MY GOSH!!!

I just told her the same exact thing in a pm!!!!!!

I told her that every time I see it I feel like this: scared001.gif

And I scroll down the page as fast as I can!

OH MY GOSH!!!

I just told her the same exact thing in a pm!!!!!!

I told her that every time I see it I feel like this: scared001.gif

And I scroll down the page as fast as I can!

Poor Karen and her avatar...

Maybe she's trying to scare the person who caused her to change it in the first place ;)?

Karenciavo, you're avatar gives me the heebie jeebies. I get frightened every time I look at it. :eek:

Not (frightening) but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

It's just a reaction to an email I got. Someone didn't like my old Galadriel avatar, so I've switched to Dark Galadriel. ;)

Didn't the powers that be mention this when we switched over to the new board? I was thinking they said something about having to get one name and not change. Maybe I am remembering wrongly.

I remember the same thing. We were told that it is not possible to change names ourselves. And that if we wanted a change, we'd have to ask Admin and have a VERY good reason to ask for a name change. You can't do it whenever you want like on the old board.

Not (frightening) but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

It's just a reaction to an email I got. Someone didn't like my old Galadriel avatar, so I've switched to Dark Galadriel. ;)

I love it Karen. I, too, laughed when I saw it. I was so sad you changed from Galadriel in the first place, but this is even better. You are a phoenix from the ashes of criticism.

Please, please keep this one forever!

Lorna

I'm sorry to hijack, but can someone fill me in? What was wrong with Karen's old avatar? I just remember the sweet baby picture, but that's not what you're all talking about. What was wrong with her other one?

It was a really nice avatar. Here is a link to the post with the full story. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=66130#post66130

:p:p