Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melabella

Ellen McHenry's Carbon Chemsitry

Has anyone used this with a 5th grader? I am planning on using The Elements first, then thought I would follow up with the Carbon Chemistry. After looking at the samples, I'm thinking it might be too much for my dd. Of course, we won't really be getting to it for another 9 months or so.

Any thoughts?

Well, I don't know, but we are doing The Elements now, and after this, I plan on doing everything Ellen McHenry writes! So, I guess we'll be doing Carbon Chemistry pretty soon.

Penny

We're going to use it over the summer with a rising 4th grader. She's loving The Elements right now and is interested in doing it, so we'll see how it goes. If it gets too difficult, I'll put it aside for a few months and then pull it back out. :)

I *think* a fifth grade can do it. I know some (and some youngers, too) who are doing it. By the way, she's writing a third book now (yipee!)

Any idea what the third book will be and when it should be out?

Thanks!

Thanks! That is good to hear. I can't wait to get started.

Anyone else?

We're going to do "Elements" plus "Carbon Chemistry" next year for fifth grade. Wish we lived close enough to get together once a month and play games. I think our kids would like that.

Julie, who is homeschooling an "only" and is O.K. with that most days.

My rising 6th grader will be doing The Elements next year. I had considered using the Carbon Chemistry course to round out the year, but I thought it might be a little too much for her based on the samples. If she enjoys The Elements (and I think it looks like a lot of fun), she'll do the other Ellen McHenry courses in junior high.

Instead of Carbon Chemistry, I'm adding in some other books - Exploring the World of Chemistry (Tiner), a Robert Boyle biography (Tiner), and The Mystery of the Periodic Table.

Blessings as you figure out your plan for your family.

Laura

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin