Menu

Climbing Parnassus and Norms and Nobility

Luanne

I managed to borrow these two books through Prospector Loan through our library system. I know they are highly recommended reading especially for someone who wants to use Latin Centered Curriculum. Quite honestly though I don't think my "trying" to read them is going to do me a whole lot of good at this point. Try as I may, they make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I don't know if there are any easier books that would be helpful or not and I am sure hoping that the book Latin Centered Curriculum is easier to read or I don't know what I am going to do.

Luanne, CP and N&N are very daunting reads. I bought my books and I found that it was easier than getting it from the library as I didn't have a deadline looming in my future so I could read it at my leisure. I got N&N two years ago and I still haven't finished it!

LCC is very much a readable book. Don't be discouraged by the above two. You will be able to read and understand LCC very easily.

Julia

mom of 3 (8,7,5)

Luanne, CP and N&N are very daunting reads. I bought my books and I found that it was easier than getting it from the library as I didn't have a deadline looming in my future so I could read it at my leisure. I got N&N two years ago and I still haven't finished it!

LCC is very much a readable book. Don't be discouraged by the above two. You will be able to read and understand LCC very easily.

Julia

mom of 3 (8,7,5)

Yes, I second this comment. I was listening to a lecture by Andrew Kern of the Circe Institute a few months ago and he said about Norms and Nobility(very loosely paraphrased): This is a difficult book. If you are reading it and don't understand a word, just keep going. Eventually you'll get to a gem.

I've found this to be only so true. N/N is a very difficult read, but well worth the effort. It's the kind of book that you have to come back to over and over and give yourself lots of time to absorb what's there. That said, I wouldn't recommend it as a beginning read on Classical Education. Check out LCC--which I also really like--you'll find it very accessible and interesting. Can't wait for that Revision!!

I thought it would be so daunting and too much volume. I didn't want to read another TWTM. So I was pleasantly surprised that CP was small :o. I've just started reading it and I love it. I find lots of stuff to jot down, highlight, and be inspired by.

I don't know if I would read another book. I think that TWTM and CP are my limit. Got laundry and schoolin' to do, ya know.