Menu

Take a look...

eksargent

I am working on next year for my ds. He is 7 going into 2nd grade.

Language Art

CLE LA 200

CLE Reading 200

WWE 2

(We will finish GWG 1/2, WWE 1, SW B, Sylvan Vocabulary and penmanship exercises this year)

Math

CLE Math 200

(We will finish Saxon 1)

History

SOTW 2

(Whenever we finish SOTW 1)

Science

???

(Well, um...I have a Zoo Pass)

Latin

LFC A

(We will finish Song School Latin)

Geography

GTG

PE

continue with organized community class

Art

considering CLE Art or a community class

Music

would like to start lesson

Bible

continue with AWANA and home devotionals

considering a Bible curriculum...maybe CLE

On the side...

Mind Benders BB2

English from the Roots Up (flashcards)

Would like to find...

US History - I would like something we can pick up and read anytime that introduces famous Americans, important dates, inventions. Any thoughts on Children's Encyclopedia of American History?

Please feel free to comment! We had some flops this year. Keep in mind, some subjects he will be doing with his older brother.

Thanks!

The core programs look fine. I think SOTW 2 and GTG in the same year might be overkill. I would choose one or the other. LfC A may be too much grammar for a 2nd grader. If you choose to do it, I think you will have to slow down the pace significantly. For art, we love the 1-2-3 Draw books by Levin. For US history, why not let them read books from the Childhood of Famous American Series. HTH

The core programs look fine. I think SOTW 2 and GTG in the same year might be overkill. I would choose one or the other. LfC A may be too much grammar for a 2nd grader. If you choose to do it, I think you will have to slow down the pace significantly. For art, we love the 1-2-3 Draw books by Levin. For US history, why not let them read books from the Childhood of Famous American Series. HTH

I agree with LFC A. This is something he is doing with his older brother. He showed interest and keeps up with our current Latin. It was recommended to me to take 2 weeks for each lesson and incorporate all the extra activities. This will help with both boys.

We love SOTW. I don't do everything with it. We read together and they do the activity pages. We will add the tests next year. I thought GTG would be a fun "filler" that wouldn't be heavy on history...more an introduction to countries and cultures. Is that right?

Thanks for taking the time to look. I will check out 1-2-3 Draw and the Childhood of Famous Americans.

Science

???

(Well, um...I have a Zoo Pass)

We started Apologia's Exploring Creation series this year and we love it. It is perfect for your son's age. We are doing Flying Creatures of the 5th day. If you are not interested in creation science, it would not be a fit.