Menu

Missouri homeschoolers?

Here's a link to HSLDA's summary of the homeschool law in MO. Click on "Missouri--A Legal Analysis":

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=mo

And here's one for our state lobby group: http://www.fhe-mo.org/

The conferences I know of are in St. Louis in March, Springfield in April, and St. Charles in June. Homeschooling in MO is very easy. We are required to keep records, but not submit them unless challenged. There are lots of groups and activities in my area. The ones I know of are overtly Christian--not sure how you feel about that.

Gotta get dinner ready--let me know if you want to know more and I'll try to help! Missouri is a wonderful state!

Chelle

Ack! His interview should be right about now (which incidently, they scheduled right after they talked about compensation and benefits). I know I'm nosy, but I want to know how it's going.

This is his third interview with them. He had two phone interviews and then they asked him to fly out.

That would be great Jen.

Dh is on his way back on the plane now, so I'm going to make him tell me all about the company. He said on the phone earlier that they hadn't made an offer yet, so I guess we'll be waiting to hear back from them.

What do you guys do about community college in MO? Can you get enough hours in the home location? What's the youngest kids can start cc? I think some are 16 and some younger? Any tips appreciated.

You know, that's a very good question and one I hadn't considered. I think a child has to be 16 to dual-enroll in my local cc--not sure about others in the state. So I guess for the year that the child is 16, you'd have to make sure the "home" hours at least met 400.

Chelle

I'm on the eastern side of MO. The CCs here want the student to be a junior before becoming dual-enrolled.

We have a lot of support groups, learning centers, debate groups, etc. here. I'll be interested to hear if the job lands you in MO and if so, where. :)