Menu

If you are a caretaker for a parent/grandparent/in-law

I'd like to pray for you, if you so desire. We all have our special burdens, but I think caring for an elderly or disabled relative in addition to bringing up young ones is especially difficult. So if you'd like me to pray for you, post below, and if there is something specific you'd like me to pray for, please share.

Yvette, you are such a dear heart. Please do remember my family, as my dm, age 76, lives with us. She is very loved and appreciated, part of the family in every way, but she has many challenging health problems. She contributes in many ways to the household, and it's a joy to have her here. As she ages though it will become much more difficult with her health issues. Dh and I have our youngest still at home since other children are grown and gone. I work PT and homeschool too. We live a distance away from the rest of the family, and we are responsible for many needs with little to no support from others.

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. DM's name is Lila

We moved in with fil this past year after mil passed. Things have been going remarkably well. But, recently fil has been becoming more comfortable. That means talking to dh like he is a young child and thinking he is allowed to discipline the children. I no longer feel like I can leave them alone in the house with him here. Hopefully, he will figure out his boundaries. In the meanwhile, I have to cart kids everywhere with me.:(On the plus side, his health has gone from being hospitalized every couple of weeks to being excellent.