Menu

Drawing for young kids - nonliving oriented?

brownie

My boys who will be 7 and 9 love to draw, but never people or animals. They draw candy factories, golf courses, contraptions and traps. If I'm going teach drawing it has to be oriented more in this direction. I was thinking something architecture oriented might be out there but as I can't draw, it needs to be kid oriented. Any thoughts?

Brownie

How about Mark Kistler's Draw Squad books or videos? He also offers an online course for kids. His stuff is really fun, especially for boys, because they get to draw space stations and aliens, and all kinds of other 3-D things.

The kids learn good drawing skills, but the projects have more of a cartoon/comic book feel to them, which I think makes it appealing than the courses that try to pretend that kids will enjoy drawing still lifes of fruit on a table.

Cat

We love Mark Kistler also. If you do buy the online drawing course, you can get a better deal from the Homeschool Buyers Co-op.

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/mark-kistler-online/

How about Mark Kistler's Draw Squad books or videos? He also offers an online course for kids. His stuff is really fun, especially for boys, because they get to draw space stations and aliens, and all kinds of other 3-D things.

Cat