Menu

In case anyone's interested, Teaching Company has MORE lectures on sale--Churchill is

Here's a tip about getting the sale price, which I discovered by accident. If you place a for-sale item in your cart, even after the sale ends you can still purchase that item for the sale price.

This might help someone who wants a course but won't have the money for it before the sale ends. (Or someone like me who intends to buy her dh his birthday present early because it is on sale, then forgets to check out before the sale ends.)

Fears presents both C's public and personal lives, traces themes throughout C's life, and shows the deeply conservative principles that drove C to embrace positions that frequently were not the mainstream view. In many ways, Churchill seems like the Reagan of his era.

Imho, this is a "don't miss" lecture series.

V

because there was a discussion on these boards a week or two ago about Churchill's A History of the English-Speaking Peoples. I realized I had a Barnes & Noble gift card and immediately purchased the set!

One of the other things that fascinates me about Churchill, which I've only heard about but have not personally read about myself, is that he apparently had great difficulty with public speaking early on---at least that's what I've heard. Apparently he was able to overcome this difficulty and, obviously, because one of the most inspiring speakers of his time. That angle of things always fascinates me---how do people overcome personal faults in a particular area to go on to become great successes in life?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the series!