Menu

Puget Sound Area Moms: Interested in speech or debate?

How'd you like a little introduction to the whole business? :p

There's an ncfca tournament beginning this Thursday and going through Saturday in Bothell. While some tournaments only run 2 events, at this tournament all the usual speech events, Team Policy debates, and Lincoln Douglas debates will be running. You can sample them all.

And if you really really want to get familiar with the whole process, you or your child can participate as a timer!:D We are experiencing a shortage of timers, so any interested parties would be MOST welcome.;) Don't worry, you wouldn't have to be there from Th to Sat--any stretch of a couple of hours would be appreciated.

Private message me if you want more information. I think it's the best supplemental activity we've been involved with.

Timers can be 10, I think. Just so they are able to start and stop a stopwatch. Most speech events simply require a start and a stop, but some of the events have special incremental preparation times.

To participate in the tournaments as a speaker this year, the required age is 12 by January 2008.

Oooh! Are you by any chance interested???? :eek::D:eek:

I would have loved having an opporunity like this when I was younger. As for my guys, they're good public speakers but I can't see them getting excited a speech and debate tourney, kwim?;) What does ncfca abbreviate, btw?

Ok this is my first time using the quote function so we'll have to see if I did it right.

NCFCA stands for National Christian Forensics and Communications Association. I think it's the only national homeschool activity. From what I gather, this association is much bigger further east. Last year, at this same tourny, we had kids from Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Oregon and California.

As far as your boys not getting excited about it, maybe they just have too much action on the farm.;) My girls LOVE the social aspect of the tournament, but when we only let them out of the cellar for speech, it looks pretty darn exciting. They've made some very pleasant acquaintances through the tournies.

NCFCA stands for National Christian Forensics and Communications Association. I think it's the only national homeschool activity. From what I gather, this association is much bigger further east. Last year, at this same tourny, we had kids from Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Oregon and California.

That sounds interesting! I'm going to google it and read more.

My girls LOVE the social aspect of the tournament, but when we only let them out of the cellar for speech, it looks pretty darn exciting.

:D:D:D