Menu

Has anyone taken their dc to a naturopath?

Wendi

We saw a naturopath today for ds. He has SID, a language disorder, OCD, and probably ADHD. Basically, a quirky kid. Oh, and gifted. His anxiety has been very bad the past few months.

One of my friends has a child with some of these issues, and has had great success with a naturopathic doctor's treatment.

Anyone else?

Wendi

naturopathic ways of doing things. Point in fact, I thought my DD with SPD had too many episodes of "flight, fright, fight" that it was putting her at risk of adrenal fatigue. He ordered a cortisol spit test to have that evaluated (good thing too).

Also we are using a product by NutriWest that is purported to help counter effect any of the possible chemical concerns in vaccinations. You use it for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after inoculation. My very bright and lively 3 year old is turning 4 the end of March and I'm not taking any chances.

My husband is an MD but her is very open to nutrition and supplements playing a big role in health maintenance and illness prevention. There are also enough varied studies out there that indicate many approaches can reverse some of the presentations. This is a case-by-case basis and is not a 100% cure all.

We have also done PACE and Master the Code with our daughter and aw significant improvement in her self esteem, decreased anxiety, and a big decrease in her SPD presentations as her cognitive difficulties translated into bit time sensory and emotional triggers for her. Once these were removed there were fewer triggers and therefore calmer days for all.

If you would like more information about adrenal fatigue check out the blog section on my site. Good luck and let us know how it all goes. Please note that I did say that we are seeing an MD who subscribes to some of these treatments. I personally like having someone with a knowledge base in both aspects of medicine.

So far, the doctor has ordered two tests: blood test for food sensitivities, and a urine test for neurotransmitter levels.

I'm hoping that correcting ds's neurotransmitter levels (assuming they're off) will alleviate his anxiety symptoms.

Wendi